Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  I am a little late with today's post, as I was up half the night sewing, and the other half with my sweet boy, who's having some nasty teething pain.  Poor boy!  So, as much as I love these posts, I chose a few hours of sleep over my WIWW post first thing this morning.  But I did get a few moments today, so here's what I wore this week!



My favorite (and unexpected, for me) outfit this week!  I had been going back and forth about how I felt about the camo pants trend this fall, so I decided to try it out.  I saw these camo cargo pants at (where else??) Walmart, and thought I'd try them on.  I actually ended up LOVING them!  A great fit, good length (which is rare for my 5'3" frame), and I really think they are very versatile and neutral!  I decided to pair them with more feminine pieces so I didn't look like I was headed into combat.  A tiered ruffly shirt and sequinned ballet flats fit the bill.  I will definitely be wearing these pants a lot this fall!


Ivory Tiered Ruffle Top- Old Navy
"Three's a Charm" Necklace- Stella & Dot
Camo Skinny Cargo Pants- Walmart
Rose Gold Sequinned Ballet Flats- Charming Charlie's 




I'm thinking the roomy tunic and skinny jean uniform from last year is going to be this year's fall and winter uniform as well.  It's a fail-safe outfit that I reach for again and again.  So I've tried to fill my closet with lots of options in those two silhouettes, so I can mix and match skinnies and tunics, and have easy outfits.  Like this one.


Leopard Infinity Scarf- Etsy 
Chambray Pleated Tunic- Old Navy
Khaki Skinny Pants- Walmart
Lace Up Boots- Modcloth




So, this outfit was about a half-step above my pajamas.  Super comfy, very relaxed, but not yoga pants.  I had to hit the post office and grocery store with all three kids in tow, and I was looking for functionality, not fashion.  That being said, I do love my new t shirt from the Printed Palette!  They have an etsy shop with lots of super cute women's t shirts and even cuter kids t shirts.  They were having an instagram sale, and I scooped this one up on sale.  It's actually too big, but it's so soft and so comfy that I wore it anyway.  I'm thinking with a few washes it will be perfect, and even if it's not, I don't care!


Mint Chevron T Shirt- Printed Palette
Aztec Infinity Scarf- Charleston Straw Market (yes, I wear this multiple times a week, every week!)
Jordache Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Nude and Neon Sandals- Target


As usual, I will be linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On.  So head over to their blogs and check out other outfit pretties!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...