Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hey Friends!  It is officially fall here, or at least it is in my closet. :)  I reach a certain point where I just don't feel right wearing sandals, shorts, and bright summery colors, even though it may still be pretty warm outside.   And since we're two days into October, there's no going back.  It's all about jeans, scarves, layers, and boots, and that's just fine with me! 



It was genuinely chilly and rainy when I wore this last week.  I bought this olive green military style jacket last year, and I'm so glad I did.  I wear it all the time in the place of my jean jacket or a cardigan.  It's surprisingly versatile, and I like it as much with a black dress and boots as I do with a t shirt and jeans.  I like how it, with the gray t shirt, ground this outfit full of pattern, including stripes, polka dots AND floral print.


Green Military Jacket- Charlotte Russe
Gray T Shirt- Gap
Polka Dotted Jeans- Target
Floral Scarf- Old Navy
Striped Ballet Flats- Joyfolie




I wore this yesterday, actually (my pictures got jumbled up again), amidst preschool drop off, completing orders, getting us partially unpacked from our weekend trip, a stop at the grocery store, and general home maintenance.  I have had these super cute moccasin booties for several years now, and have only worn them a handful of times, but I'm thinking that this is their year.  I put them on with my jeans with rolled cuffs, and they were cute and comfortable, and just a bit out of my comfort zone, which I like.  I thought they complimented the boho style of the tasseled scarf, and played off the classic striped shirt.  Casual outfit, but it all felt good.


Red Striped T Shirt- Walmart
Navy Polka Dot Tasseled Scarf- Target
Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad from Kohl's
Moccasin Ankle Booties- Minnetonka




Love that fringe!




Super casual for the drive home from Blue Ridge and an ice cream date with the kids, my good friend Lauren, and her darling little red-headed boy. :)  I'm pretty pumped that boyfriend jeans are cool this season because they are so comfortable.  A relaxed and loose fit is okay by me after having to squeeze myself into skinny jeans for the past few years!  Haha!  These boyfriend jeans have a higher rise and a generous fit through the thigh and leg, which is perfect for me right now.  I tried to at least jazz them up with my studded navy tunic, sequinned rose gold ballet flats and 2 pretty Stella & Dot necklaces, but all very laid back and relaxed.  Love it.


Navy Studded Tunic- Walmart
2 Necklaces- Stella & Dot
Boyfriend Jeans- Target
Sequinned Rose Gold Flats- Charming Charlies




Pardon the crazy hair in this picture, ha!  This is what I wore on our way up to Blue Ridge.  Again, very casual and comfortable (a theme for this week, perhaps?!), and screaming fall.

Crocheted Cardigan- Jane
Gray T- Loft
Jeans- Jordache from Walmart
Necklace- Stella & Dot
Brown Riding Boots with Red Zippers- Macys



And definitely my favorite look of the week, though again, I look a bot crazy in the picture!  I wore this fall outfit apple picking at the beautiful Mercier Orchards over the weekend.  These olive green jeggings were screaming fall to me when I saw them in the store, and I immediately thought of pairing them with my new lace up boots.  Add my favorite pleated tunic from the now defunct Shade (why, oh WHY did you go out of business?????) and a colorful aztec scarf, and I was ready for hauling babies and eating apples.  It got a little warm once we were done (and in te bright sun, and hauling said babies), but the apples were so good, te kids had so much fun, and my heart was so full that it didn't matter!


Cream Pleated Tunic- Shade Clothing
Olive Jeggings- Walmart
Aztec Infinity Scarf- Charleston Straw Market
Lace Up Brown Boots- Modcloth


As always, I will be linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On for lots of awesome outfit inspiration!  Check them out!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. gosh that tassle scarf is AMAZING- it's so quirky and a statement within itself. and i really like it paired with a red striped shirt. that outfit is so stinkin cute!

    PS- I found you through the I Feel Pretty link up :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Marlen! And right? Don't you love that scarf??! Gotta love clearance at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about fringe! Have two pairs of Minnetonka boots and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your boots. I couldn't pull off the tassel ones, but I love the others. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...