Tuesday, October 1, 2013

To Be Honest...

...sometimes I just need to vent.  I try my best to focus on the sunny side of life, and despite yesterday's attempt to start the week off positive, sometimes you just need to keep it real and say what's up.  Then I can exhale, smile, and everything is back to rainbows and unicorns again.  So, here's a few things I feel like getting off my chest.





To Be Honest...


...sometimes I like rainy days better than sunny days.  When it's sunny out, you don't have a good excuse for not going outside or not running errands you're supposed to.  I feel pressured to get a lot done.  But on rainy days, you can blame everything you didn't get done on the weather.  Nope, couldn't take a walk today, it was raining.  Didn't get to the grocery store today, I couldn't get all of the kids out in the rain.  You pretty much have an excuse for being lazy.  And I like that.  Thanks, rain.


...I don't even have any diapers in my diaper bag right now.  I keep forgetting to refill it.  It's full of cracker crumbs, grocery store receipts, about 4 pairs of sunglasses, and everything in the world except for what it's main purpose is to carry, diapers.


...No, Pepsi is not okay.  I want a COKE.


...I'm feeling a bit cynical today.  If you haven't noticed. :)  And, apparently, sarcastic.


...the pediatrician is just gonna have to deal with it, because I'm not taking Ben's bottle away yet.  His teeth are fine, he doesn't take it to bed, he drinks fine out of sippy cups during the day, and he's not going to keep it forever.  The kid loves a bottle, claps and dances when he sees it, takes it down in just a few minutes, and he's happy.  I try to give him milk in a sippy first thing in the morning, and he takes a few chugs, throws it and cries.  So I don't care.  Just a few months longer. #thirdchildproblems


...I hate duvet covers.  Let me clarify.  I love how they look, love them in catalogs, love them otherwise.  But everytime we have had one, the comforter never fits inside it, it moves around and ends up balled up in one corner/side of it.  Plus, you have to buy two pieces!  The cover and the comforter!  What a rip off!  From now on, our beds will be made with either decorative comforters, bedspreads, or quilts.  Take that, duvet cover.


...every single time I'm at the grocery store with all three kids, it never fails, someone remarks, "wow, you sure do have your hands full."  I'm sure it's not meant as an insult, or really in any negative kind of way, but I hear it so often that it's getting annoying.  Yep, I have three kids.  Am I the first mom ever to take all three to the grocery store?  Doubt it.  Are my kids wild hellions running naked through the aisles?  No, not exactly.  Do I look stressed?  Probably.  But keep it to yourself and just smile at me.


That ought to be good for now.  Anything you'd like to vent about??
Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. We safety pin our duvet in all 4 corners and that helps. I hate the duvet we have right now because it's SO hot and heavy that we don't even have the comforter in it! I miss our old one =[. And I agree about the rainy days. I'll take a thunder storm during the day any day as long as I don't have an appointment that I can't miss. Otherwise it's a great excuse to stay inside. I wanted to start my week off positive, too, but yesterday I was so mad when I got home from all of the idiot drivers on the road that I could barely tell TJ what I was so mad about. I kept stuttering and I NEVER do that. People are idiots and I just wanted to get home in one piece. I did, thankfully, but I can totally relate to this post. And NO, Pepsi is not ok. I joke with my husband that it isn't called Pepsi, it's "IsPepsiOK" lol. And if I say no, are they going to go find me a Coke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Lindsey, I think we could be good friends! :) I think next time the waitress asks if a Pepsi is okay, I am gonna say no, and then see if she'll get me a coke. Hahaha! :)

      Delete
  2. Amen to pretty much all of these. I am no longer shocked about things that come out of strangers mouths. Who raised these people?! haha. He JUST turned one, I say let him have the bottle, I am still breastfeeding a 20 month old oh and i let my oldest have his paci until 3 and guess what? He's just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Laura, I love you. Yeah, I am far less concerned with the bottle thing with Bennett than I was with Brantley, when the doc said to take it away. I nearly cried! But this time, I'm all like, okay, yeah, no problem," with about zero percent intention of actually taking it away yet! Haha!

      Delete
  3. That whole list made me smile. I love rain too for that same reason. I HAD to read all day and drink tea - it's raining! And Pepsi is never okay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...