Thursday, October 10, 2013

Overwhelmed




We've had a lot going on lately.  I have noticed my to-do lists growing longer, and my patience growing shorter.  My mind races all day long: how am I going to get everything done, what are we going to have for dinner, will Ben get one nap or two, I can't forget to pay the bills, do we have toilet paper, did I pack Brantley's snack for school, I have to photograph my newest designs, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.  I worry constantly, I feel like I can't sit still or sit down and relax because I have so much to do.  I get so self involved, such tunnel vision, so reliant on my calendar and my lists that I forget to rely on God.  I forget to pray.  Isn't that awful?  Something that is truly second nature to some, and something I have been open about working on, sometimes I simply forget to do.  I get so obsessed with my own emotions, and I get stuck in my head so much.  I try to control the uncontrollable, and worry about things that are out of my hands.  


When I saw these 3 prints on Pinterest, especially the first black one, it really hit me hard that not only should I be praying and handing my troubles off to God, but that He actually wants me to.  He wants mt to lay my worry at his feet, to let Him bear my burden.  Once I thought more about that, I thought, Wow.  What a relief!  If I can just trust enough in the Lord, and share my worries and concerns with Him, talk with Him, and build my relationship with Him, then my focus will come off of these things that are overwhelming me.  He will take the weight off my shoulders so I can focus on each day, as they come, knowing that He is with me in very step.  Knowing that He will protect me, He will guide me.  
Life is not so overwhelming when you stop worrying so much, and start praying so much more.


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up! I am right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen! this is the story of my life. sometimes i feel almost silly when i tell jeffrey i "have a lot on my mind" and i forget to do some things (like pay the bills!) yikes! because i feel like he thinks, "what in the WORLD do you have to worry about?!" not that he doesn't value what i do at home, but i think it's hard to put my finger on what makes me feel so "busy" b/c it's just such a combination of so many little things - just like you said... lunches, snacks, bills, pictures, groceries, school, etc, etc, etc.
    anyway - the point is...i can get so bogged down that i find myself distracted even when i'm trying to pray! a friend in my small group shared something with me and it has been so beneficial to my prayer life! instead of praying and "checking off" each thing (spouse, family, kids, health, life, etc, etc). i choose a song. a worship song that i love and that speaks to me. and during that song, i just pray aloud as i sing along. so sometimes i sing, and sometimes i'm just praying short quick prayers during the song. it helps me stay focused and worship all at once. it sounds kind of crazy and i felt a little silly the first few times, but it really works! anyway - just thought i'd pass that along. it's an easy way to pray while i'm working too b/c i can play music any time during the day - even in the car! and my girls already think i'm nuts, so what's one more thing to add to the list?! ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...