Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Crock Pot Season

Image


I know I have said over an over that fall is my favorite time of year, but it really is.  Jeans and boots, colorful leaves, crisp, cool weather, oyster roasts, I really love it all.  And fall food does not disappoint either!  I love roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes, soups and stews, casseroles and lasagnas; hearty meals that warm you from the inside out.


But we are busy around these parts, and so we use our crock pot a lot for dinner, and especially in the fall.  It doesn't take too much time or work to throw everything in in the morning, turn the pot on low, and voila, dinner is ready in 6-8 hours.  I have found so many great crock pot recipes on Pinterest, and thought I would share some of the ones that I think look really good that I am anxious to try!


First up is the first picture above, Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken (find the recipe here).  There aren't too many ingredients, and a lot of them I have in my pantry already.  Throw the chicken in and let it cook all day, then make some rice and maybe some broccoli to round out the meal.  I think this one could be a winner.




Next one that i think looks so good is this Slow Cooker Ham and White Beans.  It almost looks like a bean soup or stew, and I think it would be an alternative to chili during the fall.  It would be cheap, and looks like it would be very filling.  And the slice of cornbread be just delicious!  Find the recipe here.




I love soups, and I especially love Mexican soups.  Any tortilla soup, mexican chicken and lime soup, you name it, I am a fan.  And a bigger fan when there is minimal work!  Just the picture of this black bean soup makes me hungry, and we will certainly be making this one soon.  Find the recipe here.




We love doing Salsa Chicken in the crock pot, but these beef fajitas would be a welcome change from our basic chicken tacos.  Find the recipe here!

What are your go-to fall recipes?  Will you be getting out your slow cooker?  Any ideas or recipes you can pass onto me??!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...