Thursday, October 3, 2013

Beauty Time Savers

So clearly, as a busy mom of three, there is no time in my day for an in depth beauty routine.  Or really much of any type of a beauty routine.  Before kids, I got regular haircuts, eye brow waxes, even manis and pedis every once in a while.  I showered every morning and curled my hair, put my makeup on in the bathroom, 
and washed my face with a regular skin care routine at night.  But now, I can barely make the time to brush my teeth before my little darlings come running into my bathroom, throwing my nailpolishes across the room and emptying out all my drawers. :)  But that being said, I still need to do something most days to make myself look presentable and feel good about and take pride in my appearance.  So over the past few years, I have found a few different beauty products that help me look more put together, or helps me multitask, or takes the place of something that would take longer.  4 ideas for anyone who just doesn't have enough time in the morning, or just wants to expedite their routine and save a little bit of time!

1. Garnier BB Cream


I don't like to wear a lot of makeup.  I especially don't wear much of a foundation or powder at all.  But, I like for my skin to look smooth and even, and I LOVE this Garnier BB Cream.  It seriously makes me feel like I only have a moisturizer on, yet my skin looks infinitely better.  It has a sunscreen in it as well (necessity), so instead of moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, powder, I just keep this little tube in my makeup bag in my purse and slap it on in the carpool line.  Literally.

2. Batiste Dry Shampoo


This stuff is literally life changing.  I have said before that I don't wash my hair every day, and this is how I get it from one shampoo to the next.  Two words: dry shampoo.  If you haven't tried it, run out to your local Walgreens, scoop some out and try it out!  You just spray it directly onto your roots, kinda finger-comb it, and your hair is volumized and revitalized.  No shower needed!  I have tried Tresseme's dry shampoo, and also the Dry Shampoo "Pssst," and I like this one the best for sure. Plus, there's a blonde colored on and a brunette one that have a little tint of color so your roots don't turn gray/white!  Saves me from having to do my hair on most days!


3. Neutrogena Makeup Wipes
Somtimes the whole "wash my face before bed" is just too much trouble.  Thuose are the nights that I grab one of these.  The Neitrogena Makeup Remover wipes don't need water, and you just swipe them on and your skin is nice and clean!  Easy, and much better than taking forever washing your face with one eye open, you're so tired!  Not that I would know... :)


4. Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nailpolish 



I don't paint my nails often since you have to have some time or painting them, but more importantly, for letting them dry.  But now, I can use this Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nailpolish, apply it pretty much anywhere, and it dries super, super quickly.  No need for holding all 10 fingers as far apart as possible and blowing on my nails for a while.  Just paint and you're done!  Nailpolish instantly makes you look put together, so I especially love this!


So those are my 4 beauty time savers, what are yours?  What do you use to pretty yourself up in no time flat?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Facial wipes are the BEST! So easy for tired mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list. It is going to be my exact list as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...