Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Little Change

I get my hair cut about 2 or 3 times a year.  I am very low maintenance when it comes to my hair; I like to do as little with it as possible, while still making it look pretty and presentable.  I haven't colored it since college (save one color "rinse" to hide the grays that are overtaking my chestnut locks by the hour) because my hair grows really fast, it's just too darn expensive, and honestly, I only get my hair cut 2-3 times a year, and I'm not really interested in going any more often than that.  I let it air dry about 75% of the time, and if I do need to make it pretty, I'll put in my trusty Conair curlers to smooth it out, give it some volume and roll it under.  On the rare occasion we actually dress up, I may twist a curling iron through it, but those occasions are few and far between.  And honestly, I have a lot of hair, and don't like spending a lot of time twirling it around a curling iron.  It takes forever.


ANYWAY...the few times a year I do get my haircut, I am usually in for a pretty big change.  Until yeseterday, my hair was about to the bottom of my shoulder blades.  Last December, it was probably 3 inches longer than that now, and I cut it to my shoulders.  I think it was about 8-9 inches they took off, and that's exactly what I went for yesterday!


I have a Pinterest board dedicated to hairstyles I like, called Pretty Hair.  It's so interesting what you can learn about yourself when you look through your Pinterest boards!  Here are the pictures I showed my stylist before he took my hair into his hands.  Literally and figuratively.







And this is how I left the salon!
I really like how it turned out!!  Do I look like Jessica Alba???  :)  (Haha, sooooo kidding)  :)  I wanted a long angled bob, longer in the front and shorter in the back, and still long enough to style it with a curling iron if I really want to.  It's a little shorter than I wanted (which always seems to be the case for me), but my hair grows fast, and I still really love it.  Gone are 7 inches of  weight, and I feel a little sleeker, if there's such a thing? :)


And not to leave my salon cohorts out, my two sweet girls got their hair trimmed too!


They've come a long way since February, huh?!




Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. When I first started reading it I couldn't believe you would cut off what I consider perfect, beautiful hair. But, it does look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...