Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  We have been back in school for a week now, and since I take the girls to school each morning and then usually have some errands to run right afterwards, I have been doing a pretty good job at getting up early and getting dressed for the day!  And let me just say too, that I am ready for fall to come and stay for a while, because I am dying to wear long sleeves and jeans and boots!


So here's what I wore this week:




Laid back for preschool and errands.  My favorite scarf and my new favorite shoes!




This has been the perfect summer scarf.  Great colors, lightweight, and versatile!




And I happened on these adorable orange wedges when I was randomly (of all places) K-Mart!  And for $7, I couldn't resist and snagged them up.  I wore them almost every day this week; they are now a new favorite!

Gray T Shirt- Gap
Mint Jeans- Gap
Aztec Infinity Scarf- Charleston Straw Market
Orange Wedges- K-Mart




The other day I wore my chambray shirt tied up over this maxi  instead of my jean jacket.  I can definitely see this working into fall.


Chambray Button Up- Target
Black and White Tribal Maxi Dress- Walmart




I love these yellow polka dotted skinny jeans.  I like to pair bright pieces like these with something neutral (chambray tunic) and then add more color with bright and bold accessories!




Short Sleeve Chambray Tunic- Old Navy
Yellow Polka Dot Skinny Jeans- Gap
Coral Statement Necklace- Sassy Steals
Orange Ikat Wedges- K-Mart




I'm usually not this matchy-matchy, but I couldn't resist wearing my navy striped rosette shoes with my navy striped cardigan and rosette necklace!  




This necklace has definitely grown on me, and I find myself reaching for it more and more.


Navy Striped Cardigan- Target
White Tank- Macy's
Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Coral Rosette Necklace- Groop Dealz
Navy Striped Ballet Flats- Joyfolie




This is what I wore for gameday this week!  I was pretty laid back, since I was home with a sick little boy, but, of course, still needed to wear orange!  


Orange Gingham Button Up- Old Navy
White Shorts- Target
Orange Ikat Wedges- K-Mart (See?  I wore them almost every day this week!)



You know when you were in middle or high school, and even though it was August and still 85 degrees, you wanted to wear your new fall clothes the first day of school because you just couldn't wait?  You'd see everyone on the first day back in jeans and longsleeves, looking all cool in new clothes, but dying of heat exhaustion because Mother Nature had clearly not caught on yet that everyone was ready for cooler temps because they had all new clothes to sport.  Well, that's how I felt the other day.  I wanted to wear my new lace up knee high boots so badly that on the very first crisp chilly morning, I took it as a sign to throw them on with a dress and cardi.  Well, when it hit 82 degrees after my first errand, I promptly took off the cardi, tore the boots off, and changed into the spare flip flops I keep in my car!  Oh well, it'll be cool before we know it, and I have a feeling I'll be wearing these boots non stop.
Beige Leopard Cardigan- Old Navy
Navy Knit Dress- Victoria's Secret
Olive Green Skinny Belt- Anthropologie
Brown Knee High Lace Up Boots- Charlotte Russe (although I just ordered these boots, and I'm going to see which pair I like better and return the others!)
I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On, for some style inspiration!
What have you been wearing this week?
Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Love the orange wedge shoes from Kmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I love all of your outfits! In fact I want everything in my closet now! LOl. If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party which started today: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/09/what-we-wore-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! That maxi dress is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...