Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rotel Guacamole

image and recipe

So, tortilla chips and guacamole is one of my very favorite snacks.  I don't like buying the premade guacamole at the grocery stores (except Wholly Guacamole, which is pretty good), 99% of the time I make it myself because it is nearly foolproof, it's so easy.  Cut up your avocados, add a bit of cilantro, lime juice, onion, maybe some diced jalapenos or a spoonful of salsa, salt, and you're good to go.  But when I was in (where else) Walmart the other day with Ben, they were sampling "Rockin' Guac" (which I refuse to call this), which was guacamole made with Rotel tomatoes.  DUH!!  Why had I never thought to use my beloved Rotel (used in combination with Velveeta for the best cheese dip in the universe) in guacamole?!  So we scooped up some Rote, grabbed some avocados, and headed home to make some yummy guacamole!

The recipe is very simple, and the Rotel adds so much flavor and a bit of heat.  It will surely become your guacamole recipe of choice, as it has mine!

3 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste


Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Serve with tortilla chips.  DONE!


So yummy, spciy, and perfect for tailgating this football season.  Hope you enjoy!

Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...