Friday, September 27, 2013

Coffee Date Friday



Thanks for joining me for our little weekly coffee date!  I am linking up with Rags to Stitches, as usual, to share what's been going on in the Luton household lately.


If we were meeting for coffee today...


...I would tell you that I am over, over, OVER this week. Scott is headed to a conference in Florida today, and the kids are out of school for a teacher workday, so we're packing up the trusty Tahoe (to the brim), and headed to Blue Ridge to spend the weekend with Bammy and PaDaddy!  It'll be nice to get away and relax in the North Georgia Mountains.  And speaking of, we are planning to do some fun fall activities with the kids while we're there!  There is a beautiful apple orchard about 10 minutes from my parents house, with hayrides, trees you can pick your own apples from, pumpkin patches, and all the autumn fun you can imagine.  I am praying for crisp, cool weather so we can wear jeans and boots, sip apple cider, and enjoy my very favorite season outdoors.


...I would tell you that we did Bennett's 12 month pictures yesterday with the lovely and talented Esther Christian from The EA Photography Studio!  Esther did our Goat & Lulu photoshoot back in the spring, and she did such a wonderful job, and I knew I wanted her back in the fall.  Just from glimpsing over her shoulder at some images on her camera, I know I am going to LOVE her work.  It is hard to deny the big personalities of each of the kids, and I know she has captured them perfectly!


...I would ask you what new fall TV shows you are watching!  I have been doing a lot of late night sewing, and watching shows on my computer (actually more like keeping it 
on so it's not eerily quiet) while I work.  I mean, you name the show, and I'm sure I have at least watched one episode!  I really liked the premieres of The Blacklist and Hostages, and am also liking Sleepy Hollow.  And am SO excited about the return of Parenthood (my FAVE show), Nashville, Chicago Fire, Revenge, and Homeland!  Good thing that I spend a lot of time sewing, otherwise I'd never be able to watch all these shows!  It's getting a bit ridiculous.


...I would give you big hugs and thank you for being my friend.  Sometimes I feel like I lucked out in the friend department, and that I am not nearly as good a friend to my friends as they are to me.   So, if we were having coffee, I would let you know what you mean to me.  


Have a great weekend, everyone!  Hope you are able to relax (or do whatever you're hoping to do!) and enjoy some wonderful fall weather.  See you Monday!

Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Would love to be in the mountains at this moment! Wondering if we will make it to Burts, and Mercers/Reese Apple Orchard. What a bummer to miss out. Great places!!!

    Safe Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope y'all have a great time at your parents! we watched hostages and really liked it, too! i read somewhere that it's only 15 episodes because they decided from the start that they didn't want it to drag on just for the sake of extending the show. i think it will be good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...