Friday, September 20, 2013

Coffee Date Friday


Hello Friends!  So glad you're here for our lovely little weekly coffee date.  I'll be linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual, so pop over there and see what other darlings are up to this week.


If we were meeting for coffee today...


...we would probably be doing it the cheap way, sitting around my kitchen table with the lovely fall morning light coming in my breakfast room window.  I have been hitting up Starbucks a little too often this week, and since my drink of choice is running me (a ridiculous) $5.03 a pop (triple venti nonfat latte), I'm thinking that a regular old homemade cup o' joe is in order.


...we would also be sitting amidst party planning chaos!  My big boy's first birthday party is tomorrow, and due to this week being super duper crazy busy, I still have a good bit left to complete before the Little Man soiree tomorrow.  


...I would be washing my hands extra and squirting the hand sanitizer like a mad woman to try and prevent you from getting this nasty cold I've had all week long.  I think it's from a combination of some yucky germs Ben was carrying around and my general being worn down/lack of sleep that caused my immune system to dip a bit and allow those said germs to take the reigns for a while.  Sunday and Monday were rough, but I'm on the upswing.  Being a sick mama SUCKS. 


...I would ask you for some new dinner recipe ideas.  In the last several weeks, I have not been meal planning, we have not made our regular weekly grocery trips, and our pantry is bare.  We eat several things on a pretty regular basis (homemade pizzas, spaghetti, grilled chicken, etc), but I am getting burned out.  I'm ready to kick the cooking back into gear, especially with all the wonderful fall-inspired soups, salads, and casseroles I've seen.  What do you make for dinner for your family??
...I would ask you what you're doing this weekend!  This weekend we have the party, of course, but next weekend Scott is going out of town for work, and I'm packing up the kids and heading to Bammy and PaDadddy's house in the North Georgia mountains!  We're planning on lots of fun, fall-ish things, like apple picking, cider drinking, maybe a hayride, and lots of relaxing.  Hoping to mark some items off our fall bucket list.
I would love to sit and chat over coffee all morning, but I've got work to do!  This house isn't going to clean itself before the party, and Lord knows it needs it! :)
Thanks so much for meeting for coffee with me, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. The coffee looks awesome it is very colorful and looks like a large bowl filled with a delicious taste of coffee.Yummy!!!

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that coffee badly!! I also need the sit down at the table. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...