Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  So, fall has been teasing us this week, and we have had temperatures averaging in the low 70's all week!  And it would be wonderful, except that we've had rain almost everyday, and when it's not raining, it's terribly humid.  Now don't get me wrong, I love a good rainy day or even two, but I'm ready for a real Southern fall.  Cool and crisp, not so much cool and soggy.  Plus, this much rain gives my three little ones cabin fever, and as challenging as it can be to get three ready and out of the house to run errands when it's sunny and clear, just multiply that by infinity when we're in the midst of a downpour.


But, enough with the weather recap.  Onto the outfits! 




Speaking of a downpour, though, this was the outfit I wore when we were out of every single necessity in the house, and Ben and I had to run to the grocery store.  Very simple.  But let me just say, I have hit the skinny jean jackpot with these jeans.  I saw them in a magazine I was looking at (which, by the way, pretty much never happens), modeled by Heidi Klum.  And guess where they're from.  I bet you'll guess correctly if you've been reading my WIWW posts for a while.  Yes!  WALMART!  They are cute, so comfortable, and they stretch just enough but don't stretch out (I did go a size down in them though, so they were a smidge tight when I first put them on, but after a bit they stretched to fit perfectly).  They come in three denim washes and black and khaki, and I'm going to definitely at least get the khaki and another denim wash as well.  I know I will be living in these all fall and winter.




I admit, it has taken me a while to jump on the Toms train.  I am not so much a sneaker person, much more of a ballet flat and/or boots girl (if we're talking casual).  But, silver sequinned Toms?  Now we're talking. :)  And I like them with my jeans rolled up a bit, to show off the shine. :)


Gray Longsleeve T- Old Navy
Green Polka Dotted Scarf- Old Navy
Black Tank- Target
Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Toms




I wore this outfit this past weekend, as Scott and I celebrated our anniversary early with a kid-free 24 hours!  He had a meeting Saturday morning, and after I left the kiddos with Bammy and PaDaddy, I went and met him, we went out to a perfect lunch at Ray's on the River, and then headed to our Wine Club Reunion!  It was so much fun to hang out with our old friends, catch up with no babies distracting us.  We took full advantage of of our night out, and then we went out to brunch the next morning with our friends.  It was SO much fun!




I wanted to wear something cute, but wasn't feeling a dress (which is actually pretty unusual for me).  So this gold glittery lightweight dolman sleeve sweater won over, with my favorite Walmart jeans, and loads of big necklaces!  I wore my initial and monogram necklaces, but added on my new big rhinestone strand, my rhinestone statement necklace with an extender to make it a bit longer, and my big rock pendent.  I loved how they all came together!




And I added my brown booties instead of typical ballet flats.  I liked the bit of a heel, and even though I wore them all day, they were totally comfortable.


Gold Dolman Sweater- Belk
Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Rhinestone Strand- Groop Dealz
Rhinestone Statement Necklace- Stella & Dot
Rock Pendent- Stella & Dot
Brown Booties- Target




This is what I wore on that relaxed Sunday brunch after our rowdy wine club. :)  It was comfortable, and even after we got home, I just took my shoes off, and snuggled on the couch with my babies.  No jammies needed! :)


Chambray Popover Tunic- Old Navy
Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Teal Flower Toe Shoes- Joyfolie
Scarf- Charleston Straw Market




And yes, it's true, I wore these jeans every single day this week!!  I just can't tell you how much I really like them.  And I'm sure we'll have some more heat before fall really sets in, so I'm enjoying my jeans while I can!




And another good purchase, these chevron flats.  I wear them all the time, and I love the bit of color they bring to a outfit.
Yellow and Beige Striped Cardigan- Target
Yellow Embroidered Tank- Walmart
Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Chevron Flats- Sassy Steals


I'l be linking up to the usuals today: The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On.  Pop over and check them out!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Great style, but I love the gold sweater with those necklaces the best. Very interesting mix of necklaces and they really look great on that sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great style and those sparkly shoes, my daughters would LOVE it if I would wear some like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... I love every single outfit you posted. Please pack up your whole wardrobe and send it my way, along with your weather! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I look forward to reading more of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...