Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DIY Flower Pushpin Tutorial




As I have been preparing for my Craft Room Redo this Thursday, I have been working on a few simple DIY's to improve the space before the Laurens work their magic.  


This one that I'd like to share today is so easy that it hardly needs a tutorial, but it makes my striped corkboard look so cute, and adds a bit of colorful detail!


How to make your own flower pushpins!


You can get regular old thumbtacks or pushpins for nothing at Walmart or your favorite office supply store, but how about add a little bit of girly fun??  So follow along with me.  It's so simple, takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and seriously, anyone that can handle a glue gun can do this.


Here's What You Need:




Pushpins (thumbtacks from Walmart)
Resin Flowers (found on etsy)
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks, can also use E6000 Glue


What You Do:


Turn one of your resin flowers (also called flower cabochons) upside down, and add a dot of hot glue.




Quickly press the thumb tack into the dot of hot glue (don't burn your fingers!)




Repeat, and let each flower pin dry.




And DONE!  Wasn't that so easy??!!  And now your boring old thumbtacks will have in a much cuter facade, and in my case, will add some colorful detail to my new sewing space!
These would be a cute addition to any corkboard for your classroom, communication wall or calendar, bulletin board or message board.  How cute would a little package of 10 or 12 of these be for a housewarming gift?  Or a back to school gift for teacher?  The possibilities are endless! :)


I hope you'll try this out for a simple and sweet addition to your corkboard!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...