Monday, August 5, 2013

Avocado and Shrimp Salsa with Feta

One of my very favorite snacks, year round, is chips and salsa, but especially during the summer.  I love Mexican food, and since the tomatoes are in season and bursting with fresh flavor during the summertime, it's the perfect opportunity to make it from scratch!
When we were at the beach with my family this summer, we had a bounty of fresh seafood at our fingertips, especially delicious South Carolina shrimp.  So for an appetizer one night, I made my favorite snack, with a little inspiration from a few recipes I had seen online, and with a lot of inspiration from that delicious crustacean that I could easily eat my weight in!
And I just about ate my weight in this Avocado Shrimp Salsa with Feta!  
It seems like a strange combination, to throw the crumbly and decidedly Greek cheese into salsa, but trust me when I say that the feta is what makes it.  And the shrimp.  And the avocado!  We ate it with thick corn tortilla chips, and then we ate it over grilled fish tacos, and it was delicious both ways.  So I thought that I'd share my recipe with you today, and perhaps if you have a Mexican craving, you'll try it out!
What You Need:

2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced red onion 
1 tablespoon minced cilantro
1 tablespoon minced Italian flat leaf parsley
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 avocados, diced
1 pound steamed shrimp, diced
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
What You Do:


Easy!!!  Add tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, parsley, feta, garlic, avocados, and shrimp to a large bowl, toss to combine.
In a small bowl,  combine the juice of 1 lime, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, whisk to combine.  Pour over the salsa and toss to coat.  DONE!
Serve with tortilla chips, over black beans or refried beans, as a topping for tacos, burritos, or nachos, or as a salad on it's own.
I hope you'll try out this easy and delicious recipe!  Let me know what you think!


Linking up with All Our Days!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...