Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!  And welcome to What I Wore Wednesday, where I share what I traded in my jammies and yoga pants for.  So let's just go ahead and get to it!


New. favorite. dress!  I wore this to go to lunch with my grandmother, mom, sister in law, niece, and kiddos.  The top of this dress is knit and like a comfy tank top, and the bottom is just a lightweight woven black and white tribal print that adds so much character!  I feel like I can dress this up or down, add a cool jacket when it gets cold, and enjoy it year round.  For lunch with all the ladies (and poor Ben, the only boy!), I added my black wedges and silver Stella & Dot medallion necklace.  Easy!

Tribal Maxi- Sassy Steals
Silver Medallion Necklace- Stella & Dot


Better view of one of my favorite necklaces!




I have worn this dress several times now, but have styled it differently each time.  I LOVE that, when you can take one piece, but change the accessories and complementing items, and have several different outfits!


Gray and White Striped Dress- Target
Navy Short Sleeved Cardigan- Belk
Black and Brown Sandals- Target
Turquoise Necklace- Gift from my In Laws




After my niece's baptism last Sunday, my sister in law put this colorblocked orange dress on for lunch.  I told her how cute it was, and how much I liked it, and then when we got together for lunch later that week, she had gotten it for me!  So thoughtful!!!  A brand new outlet mall opened up right near hers and my brother's new house, complete with a LOFT outlet store!  SCORE!  So I wore the dress to the Ice Cream Festival in Atlanta this past weekend.  It's pretty much a miracle that it wasn't stained and ruined with the way my kiddos eat ice cream, but it was spared.  It was comfortable, not clingy and I can't wait to break this one out for football season!


Orange and Cream Dress- LOFT Outlet
Gold and Nude Sandals- Target
Brown Beaded Necklace- Stella & Dot





When I find a line that fits me well, I like to stick to it.  I love Michael Kors style anyway, but his clothes just seem to fit me really well.  This dress was actually my mom's but since she is taller than me, this dress was too short for her.  So she handed it over to me, and I have been gladly wearing it ever since.  Thanks Mom!!  I wore this to church on Sunday, and it was comfortable and perfect.  Except for the white wedges, which I really like, but they are a smidge too tight and thus nearly unbearable to wear.  Oh well.  Beauty is pain. :)


Blue Printed Short Sleeve Wrap Dress- Michael Kors from Macy's
White Leather Medallion Sandals- Macys
Silver Medallion Necklace- Stella & Dot 


And oh, Mondays.  I have a "case of the Mondays" pretty much every single Monday.  And Brantley has ballet class on Mondays at 4:00, so I am usually just trying to pull myself together while getting back into the swing of things after the weekend, and look somewhat presentable for ballet class.  This is what I came up with this week, after seeing my beloved chambray button up on the top of my clean laundry pile.  And I love this white peasant-y type skirt, but it has a shirred elastic waistband and can be hard to pair with tops for a cute outfit.  But I liked how my casual chambray looked, and I threw on some wedges and a beaded necklace and we were ballet bound! 
Chambray Button Up- Target
White Gauze Peasant Skirt- Macy's
Woven Wedges- Target
Brown Beaded Necklace- Stella & Dot
Thanks for checking out my outfits for the week!  I will be linking up with The Pleated PoppySuburbs Mama,  and Get Your Pretty On, so go check out the other awesome outfit inspiration!

Pin It
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. love the last outfit! i have the same shirt from good ol target, but i have had the hardest time finding what to pair it with. i wore it with a long black maxi the other day but i felt much more "amish" than stylish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! And girl, if you are in anything other than mesh hospital underwear and your pajamas, I'd consider that a SUCCESS!!! :) Hope all is going well with the new little lady at home!!

      Delete
  2. Loving all these dresses! I really like the tribal print and teal one. So fun!

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! That one is my fave too. Gotta love Sassy Steals!!

      Delete
  3. I love the tribal maxi dress very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne! thanks for visiting! And following! :)

      Delete
  4. Love all of the outfits! The tribal maxi is my favorite. If you get a chance, please link up to my link party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-we-wore-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Rita! I linked up! :) :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you you so much for linking up to Suburbsmama. I am going to feature you on my next What We Wore Wednesday.

      Delete
    3. Oh, hooray!!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...