Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday- Packing for the Beach

Hi Friends!

We are at the beach again this week, so I'm not taking my daily outfit photos.  But I thought I would snap a few pictures of the things that I packed for my trip.

Now, if you are looking for ideas on how to pack lightly, please understand that I am not, by any means, a light packer.  I used to stress about trying to pack lighter and not take as many things with me on vacation, but then it hit me, "Why am I trying so hard to pack lightly?  Why not just pack whatever I want??"  So that's what I do.  I pack whatever I want, as long as it fits into my suitcase.  And I may not pack lightly, but I can certainly pack a suitcase to hold a LOT of clothes. :)

But one thing I do do, is create a lot of outfit combinations with a few key pieces.  I think the whole reason I pack a lot is because I like a wide variety of outfit choices on vacation, just like I have at home.  So, instead of packing 7 shirts and 7 bottoms for a week, I pack 4 pairs of shorts, 11 shirts, and a TON of dresses.  


Orange Twist Tunic, Brown Braided Neckline T, Gray V Neck T
all to wear with White Shorts


Blue and White Chevron Tank and White Racerback Tank with Yellow Embroidery
to wear with Pink Shorts


Navy and White Gingham Button Up, Light Blue and Navy Striped T, Chambray Button Up
all to wear with Red Sailor Shorts


Red Striped T, Navy Polka Dot T, Orange Striped T
all to wear with Turquoise Shorts

Most of the t shirts can be worn with all four pairs of shorts, so I can create a ton of different outfits.

I love wearing dresses anyway, but I especially love them on a beach vacation.  They're lightweight and cool, easy to throw on, easy to accessorize, and easy to pack!
I'll be linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On today.  Check out the link ups!
I'll be back next week with my outfit photos! :)

Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Great inspiration for my upcoming beach trip. I love all of your colored shorts and fun printed tops. That's going to be my plan too. Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, love the link up!!

      Delete
  2. You've made me realize once and for all that I need colored shorts in my wardrobe! Love all the combinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And they are really so much more versatile than you would think! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...