Thursday, July 25, 2013

Homemade Taco Pizza


Homemade pizza is one of our very favorite dinners to make.  They are easy, inexpensive, the kids like it and can help me make it, and so it's on our menu just about every week.  But, I like a lot of variation in my weekly dinners.  Pepperoni pizza is great and all, but I like to mix up our pizzas each week so it's not like we're eating the same thing over and over again.  This summer I have been loving a lot of Mexican food and flavors, so I came up with a way to switch up our weekly pizza, while satisfying mama's Mexican cravings!  Homemade Taco Pizza!
There are so many ways that you can customize your taco pizza with your favorite taco toppings, and here is the way that we like to make it.  Feel free to add or subtract toppings as you wish!
What You Need:


Pizza Dough/Crust (We usually use the Kroger Brand pre-made crusts that come 2 to a bag, but feel free to use your favorite brand or dough recipe.  Prepare it so it's ready to add toppings!)
1/2 pound- 1 pound ground beef (I used a pound in this recipe, but you could easily cut back)
1 packet taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (a mexican cheese blend would also work fine)
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 small tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup diced pickled jalapenos
Optional additions: avocado, black olives, sour cream, additional taco sauce, refried beans, black beans
How You Make It:


Preheat your oven to whatever temperature the pizza crust calls for on the package (mine is 450 degrees).  We always use a pizza stone to ensure a nice, crispy and evenly baked crust, so put that in the oven while it's preheating, if you use one.


Start by browning and draining your ground beef.  Add the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water, and cook until the water evaporates.  




Spread the salsa on your pizza crust just like you would normal pizza sauce.  Feel free to use more or less salsa, depending on how much "sauce" you like!




Top salsa with the taco ground beef.




Top with shredded cheese (again, you can add more or less depending on how much cheese you like.  We like A LOT of cheese!).  




Put pizza in the oven for the suggested amount of time according the the crust package (mine is 10 minutes).




While your pizza is baking, dice your tomato, onion, and jalapeno.




Once cheese is melted and crust is brown and crispy, remove from oven.  It's time for the toppings!!




Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and jalapenos, and whatever else you may want to add!  
Done and ready to eat!  




With all the toppings piled on, the Taco Pizza is very filling and I think it is SO yummy!  It's a different take on a typical pizza, and from start to finish, it takes under 30 minutes to make.  Fast, cheap, filling, kid-friendly, and yummy??


Sounds good to me!





I hope you take a chance on my yummy taco pizza, and try it out on your family!  Switch up your Taco Tuesday this week, and try out Taco (Pizza) Tuesday!  Enjoy!


Linking up with All Our Days!




Pin It
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh...yummy! Easy and delicious--my favorite kind of meal! Will have to try this one ASAP (as I sit here and devour yet another Mediterranean pita for lunch...) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it! Sooo good! :)

      Delete
  2. You have to add crunched up nacho cheese doritoes! It's the icing on the cake for taco pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I knew that I forgot another topping!! That is so funny. I LOVE Doritos on top of taco pizza!

      Delete
  3. This looks so good! I'm definitely going to try it, my kids and the hubster will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely kid and husband friendly!! My husband is a very meat and potatoes, basic food type of guy, but he loved this!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...