Friday, July 12, 2013

Coffee Date Friday

Linking up with Rags to Stitches this morning!



If we were having a coffee date this morning...

...I would definitely be in yoga pants and my hair in a greasy topknot.  I have been so tired this week, and totally lacking motivation to do anything, including getting dressed!  I got a yucky little head cold just as soon as we got home from the beach, and I don't know if it's just zapped my energy, or if it's been this yucky, rainy weather this entire week, or what, but I am OVER it.  

...I would tell you that grocery shopping with three kids is only for the certifiably insane.  I had about 3 women stop me yesterday at Kroger, and say, "wow, you've got your hands full."  And then I had one wonderfully nice lady who picked up the 15 rolls of aluminum foil that Ben pulled off the shelves, and told me, "I had four babies, and people used to ask me if they were all mine.  Hang in there, you're doing a great job."  I literally teared up as I thanked her and continued down the aisle (with my three screaming children).

...I would tell you that that big pile of laundry that was on my sofa?  Yep, it's still there.  Well, half of it.  The kids were running out of jammies, so I had to fold and put away their clothes.  But mine and Scott's clothes are still there.  Ugh.  That pile is mocking me.  Maybe I'll get to it this weekend...

...I would show you some of the new fabrics I just ordered for Back to School and Fall Goat & Lulu!!!  I have always hated "Christmas in July," but feel like I have got to get on my holiday game right now as to not get behind!!  So I have relisted most of my fall and holiday items from last year in my shop, but I have about a million more ideas for this year that I am working on.  And I am so excited!!!

...I would tell you that the rest of our summer is pretty much fi;;ed up.  That's so unbelievable!  One moment it's like you have the entire summer open, and the next, you're trying to find an open weekend sometime before Christmas.  Crazy.

...I would tell you that I am going to read this quote to myself over and over at the end of every day until I believe it and accept it...



...I would ask you about how you're doing and what you're up to.  And I'd probably make another pot of coffee for us, because I know that at least I'd need more. :)

What would you share over coffee this morning?

Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Wrote my first "Coffee Date Friday" post for today! Love this idea! And I would DEFINITELY drink multiple cups...okay, pots...with you. :) TGIF! Maybe one day soon we can ACTUALLY have coffee together on a Friday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post when I linked up on Rags to Stitches, I think you were #3 and I was #4 to link up! So fun! And yes, I hope we can share coffee together sooner rather than later! :) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...