Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  We are gearing up for another beach trip (we leave on Saturday!!), and so I've been washing and drying and folding and packing and washing and drying and folding and packing all over again!!  We've been busy, but haven't had to get out too much, hence only 4 outfits out of 7 days! :)

So here's what I threw on this week:


I would totally wear this every day if I could.  It was a steal at Target, and it is working out to be very versatile.  I wore this outfit with some flat turquoise sandals to my nephew's birthday party a few weeks ago, but this week I wore it with these coral wedges that I got last summer.  Perfect for running errands.

Gray and White Striped Dress- Target (on sale for $11!)
Infinity Scarf- Made my me!
Coral Wedges- Target


One of the things about posting my outfits every week, is that I see the outfits that I like that really work, and I see the outfits that I will not be repeating.  This is one that looking back on it, I don't care for so much.  You can't tell from the picture so much, but the maxi skirt is actually a heather gray, but I think it's just too light to wear up against white.  I think if I had worn the top and scarf with some denim capris or shorts, it would've been more contrast, and a better look.  But I don't think this does much for me.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some!


BUT, I totally love this scarf!  It's a huge infinity scarf in a very lightweight material, so it breathes even in the warm weather.  And since I'm in love with mint, it's pretty much perfect.

White tunic with lace insert- Target
Gray Maxi Skirt- Wal Mart
Mint Infinity Scarf- Charleston Straw Market


Now this outfit I will certainly be repeating!  I have been on a lucky streak lately (I need to play the lottery!!) and I won a $50 gift certificate to Mikarose from a giveaway on my friend Amy's blog, Total Tippins Takeover!  So I could've ordered like 5 dresses, but this one won out, and I LOOOOOVE it!  It's so comfortable, and my favorite quality in a piece, versatile!!  I wore it at the beach without a belt with a long pendant necklace, and I feel like there are so many different ways that I can wear it.


I wore the dress last week with this rosette belt that I embellished myself.  I got this plain brown elastic belt on another dress, and it was fine, but just a little boring.  So I rolled some fabric rosettes together and hot glued them to the "leather" section of the belt, and I love it so much!  I intentionally used several different colors of fabrics so that I could wear it with a lot of different things.  And I love how it looks with this particular dress.

Aqua and White Chevron Maxi Dress- Mikarose
Rosette Belt- Made by Me!


My sweet Gracie wanted a little mama love on Sunday!  I wore this dress to church, that I sewed for myself!  I had read and seen a lot about "The Staple Dress" on a couple of sewing blogs that I read, and thought I would try to tackle it myself.  It's a fantastic pattern, it comes together so easily, and I LOVE the style so much, that I have made three!  This red gingham was on sale when I was in the fabric shop the other day, so I bought three yards, and made this dress for $9!  I plan on making more since this style is so easy to dress up or down, and it's a silhouette that's good for me right now.  And who can resist a $9 dress that takes less then an hour to make?  Not me. :)

Red Gingham Staple Dress- Made by Me!
Tan Belt- Off an Old Pair of Shorts
Tan Platforms- Target
Turquoise Bubble Necklace- Ebay


And last but not least, my go-to outfit for the summer, a trusty button down and a pair of shorts. :)  I love the light color of this chambray shirt, and the shorts are the most perfect shade of red.  I put on the rainbow infinity scarf just for a little more flair and color, and some gold flip flops and was good to go.  Errand running mama of three, that's me. :)

Chambray Button Down- Target
Red Shorts- Target
Rainbow Chevron Infinity Scarf- Made by Me!

I'll be linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On today, so pop in and take a look!!

Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Your dresses are so cute!! I especially love the first and third ones. =) Love how you styled them with the scarves.
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Callie! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. i just got that dress from target for $11 too! and I lOVE the flower belt with that dress - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! And don't you just love the striped dress?!

      Delete
  3. Such pretty outfits! Love that maxi dress with the fun belt.

    Hope you and your family have fun on your trip!
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these outfits so much! I love your maxi dress and the belt you made is ah-mazing. Your casual outfit with the shorts is also super cute :)
    Megan
    You can see what I wore here: http://taylormegancrafts.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-i-wore-coral-shorts-lace-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a semi-new follower and wanted to say that I LOVE your style! All of your outfits are adorable and if you could make me a red gingham dress too, that'd be great! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...