Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

My goodness, what a week!  I am STILL doing laundry from being at the beach, and have been having issues readjusting back in to our normal routine!  I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of things just in time to leave for the beach again for a week!
Anyway, I pulled it together 4 days this week, which isn't that bad, considering.  Hopefully next week will be better (I feel like I say that every week?!).  Onto the outfits!


I wore this to the Children's Museum in Atlanta with my oldest friend, her kids, and her mama!  It was SO fun to see them and have our kids play together.  They moved out of state about a year ago, so we played catch up as best we could while chasing our kids around, but picked up right where we left off, and talked like we had never missed a beat.  Don't you love friends like that? :)  This outfit was comfy and perfect for chasing kids.  

Chevron Tank- Wal Mart
Mint Skinnies- Gap 
Long White Coral Pendant- Stella & Dot
Chevron Ballet Flats- Sassy Steals


This outfit was an experiment in pattern scale, and I think it was successful!  I LOVE these polka dot dark denim shorts, and I was hoping that I could wear them with this cream sleeveless silk blouse with big navy polka dots.  I put it on and it definitely needed something, and the bright mustard yellow of the cardigan was just the jolt this outfit needed.  I wanted a very neutral shoe, and my gold ballet flats fit the bill.  Had I not been running errands with all three kids, I may have subbed in a nude wedge to dress up the outfit a bit more.  But the flats kept me casual, which was just fine.

Mustard Cardigan- Old Navy
Cream and Navy Polka Dot Sleeveless Blouse- Groop Dealz
Polka Dot Dark Denim Shorts- Seven for All Mankind, from TJ Maxx
Gold Ballet Flats- Old Navy 


The only day I actually curled my hair last week was on Saturday, when Esther from EA Photography Studio came to do our very first Goat & Lulu photoshoot!!  I wore a dress that I actually made myself for the shoot (more on that very soon!), and then changed into this casual little number after we were through.  If the tunic and skinny jean combination was my go-to winter uniform, then roomy, woven button-downs and colorful shorts are my go-to summer uniforms.  I have been gravitating toward lots of color this summer, and when I found these bright gingham button downs during the spring, I bought it in three colors.  I knew that I'd be able to roll up the sleeves and wear them with shorts during the summer, and then layer them with a sweater or jacket when it gets chilly.  And, as I have stated before, I do not love shorts, but I have been lucky to find a few pairs this summer that are a decent fit and are pretty cute.  Considering.  This is just really easy and a laid back look for the weekend.

Green Gingham Button Down- Old Navy
Pink Shorts- Wal Mart 

Happy Father's Day!  We took Scott out to breakfast (well, it was more like brunch, I guess) for a Patty Melt Plate, no mayo, extra pickles and double hashbrowns at his very fave, Waffle House, on Father's Day morning.  I threw this dress on, did my make-up in the car (like usual), and actually was pretty pleased with the results as I glanced at myself in the dark panes of glass as we walked in!  I swear, y'all, if you are still reluctant to just glance through the clothes at Wal Mart, let this dress change your mind.  It comes in three colors combinations (I may go back and get another!), features the super cute high-low skirt, and is right on trend with the colorblocking.  Oh yeah, and it's $15.  Seriously.  It's a perfect fit, and I would've paid so much more for it.  I just threw on my gold flip flops and my long gold mom necklace with it, but I totally intend on dressing it up with a pretty statement necklace and wedges.  Even cover up the drawstring waist with a cute thick belt.  It's just a great basic dress that you can do so much with.  I love wardrobe pieces like that!

Dress- Wal Mart
Gold Flip Flops- Old Navy

I will be linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On.  Hop over and take a look!!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Such cute outfits! I love how casual and comfy they look and are still adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your outfits great job!

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/06/fashion-and-christian-woman-do-two-go.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dots with the mustard cardi, and the green gingham with the pink shorts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant believe you got that color blocked dress at Wally World!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...