Thursday, June 13, 2013

10 Things I've Learned from My Father in Law


I am truly blessed to have married into a very close-knit family, and to have a wonderful father in law in our lives.  He has always loved us, supported us, and been there for us whenever we have needed him, and we are lucky to know him, and even more for him to be our family.  He is a wonderful grandfather, an honorable man, and a genuine person.

In honor of Father's Day this Sunday, today I'd like to share ten things that I have learned from my father in law, Pop, and tomorrow I will share about my own dad.

1. Find passion in your hobbies.

2. You can get a lot done first thing in the morning.

3. Find a signature cocktail and stick with it!

4. Don't make apologies for who you are.

5. Great satisfaction can be found in cooking for others.

6. Loyalty is the most important part of any relationship.

7. It is so important to say "I love you" regularly to the people you care about.

8. Keep in touch with good, dependable friends.  You never know when you may need them.

9. Know when to be tough, and when to be tender.

10.  Always be the captain of your own ship.

We love our Pop very much, and are so thankful that he is a part of our lives.

Happy Father's Day, Pop!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...