Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  It's that time again for my weekly posting of what I have thrown together to wear in my closet, hoping that I'll come out with a cohesive outfit!  

This week has been a busy one, and many mornings my pajama pants were pleading with me to just keep them on.  But, staying true to my commitment to get dressed, 5 out of 7 days, I did.  And even threw a sixth day in there for fun!  And I really did feel better afterwards!

I have been joining the What I Wore Wednesday link up at The Pleated Poppy for a little over a month now. If you're unfamiliar, here's how Lindsey from The Pleated Poppy puts it, 
in her own words:
 
"i started this linky long ago to simply push myself to get dressed every day. the act of photographing my daily outfits pushed me out of the sweat-pants-rut and into real clothes. over the years i have slowly become more comfortable with trying new things, more color, and fun accessories. if you’re in a lull, join up and see what amazing changes will happen!"

It's been a great challenge, and one I intend on continuing!  So here's what I wore this week:


Clearly, this was one of my almost-didn't-get-dressed days!  I rarely put my hair up, and this day I did, meaning I was really tired and didn't want to mess with it!  This shirt is SO soft and comfy, and I was just hoping that my scarf would add a bit of color to brighten my face!


I made my infinity scarf for $2!!!  I saw the scarves at the Dollar Tree, and they were just normal scarves.  The fabric is very light weight and sheer, and really, I bought them just to use them for scrap fabric!  But when I got home and got them out of the bag, I immediately thought that I needed to sew them together to make an infinity scarf.  So I did, and I totally love them together.  The whole is certainly more than the sum of it's parts in this case!  And stay tuned for a tutorial on how to make your own $2 infinity scarf!

Gray Space Dyed Shirt- Old Navy
Polka Dot Jeans- Target
Gray Ballet Flats with Cream Rose on Toe- Oka B
Infinity Scarf- Made by Me!

Seriously, can I get my hair out of my face?
I wore this cute chevron tunic to the volunteer brunch at Brantley's preschool.  It was so much fun to be honored for doing something that I have always wanted to do, be a Room Mom!  We had a huge spread of wonderful breakfast/brunch items that the teachers made for us.  It was so much fun!  Plus, it gave me the opportunity to dress up a bit during the week!


I love layering my turquoise bauble necklace with my gold monogram necklace.  I thought it looked pretty against the graphic chevron.


And I totally love these new wedges!!!  If you've read these WIWW posts of mine before, you'll know that I am a sucker for Target shoes!  I had seen these online for weeks, and then got them on clearance last week! LOVE that I can wear them with black and brown.  Versatility is key for me!

Chevron Tunic- Groop Dealz
Leggings- Gap
Turquoise Necklace- Ebay
Monogram Necklace- Very Jane
Wedges- Target


Probably my favorite outfit of the week!  I wore this to church and to lunch with my family for my Dad's birthday.  My navy gingham button up has been getting a lot of wear this spring, and I loved pairing it with a skirt and wedges for a dressier look.  I love this skirt, but don't wear it often, since I usually go for dresses as opposed to skirts, but I love how this turned out!

Navy Gingham Button Up Shirt- Target
Blue Button Front Bow Skirt- Shade Clothing
Red Bauble Necklace- Ebay
Red Wedges- Goodwill!  $2.93!!!


Another almost-didn't-get-dressed day!  Seems that I reach for gray tops and jeans when I'm feeling tired!  If I have learned anything by photographing what I wear, I have certainly recognized patterns I have in selecting my outfits!  But seriously, this shirt is SUPER comfy, it drapes well so it's very forgiving, and best of all, it has gold and silver sequins!  I mean, how fun is that?!  Nothing will wake you up quite like putting on some sequins. :)


Not too much else went into this outfit.  But it was all I needed for preschool drop off, a trip to Wal Mart, and housework for that rainy day.

Gray Top with Sequins- Belk
Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Gold Ballet Flats- Old Navy


I seriously love Lauren Conrad's line of clothes at Kohl's!  Love her or hate her, I think she makes some super cute pieces.  I love this lightweight, flowy button up, and her skinny jeans are my go-to pair.  


As you can see, I am definitely into layering my necklaces lately.  Going with the kind of country-hippie vibe of the shirt, I added a Stella & Dot charm necklace (I can't remember the nae of it right this minute and am too lazy to look it up), and a coral rose necklace I have had for years from the Atlanta Apparel Mart.  


And in addition to my Lisa Leonard bracelet with my babies names on it that I wear everyday, I added the Stella & Dot wooden bead and gold pave bead bracelet (again, can't remember the name!), and this awesome Grace bracelet that my parents got me for my birthday!  It has turquoise beads all around it, and I love it.  I have been leaving it on with my LL bracelet, and I love how they look together.

Pink Floral Button Up Shirt- LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Skinny Jeans- LC for Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Gold Glitter Strap Sandals- Target
Gold Monogram Necklace- Very Jane
Brown Bead Charm Necklace- Stella & Dot
Coral Rose Necklace- Golden Stella
Grace Bracelet- L&E from Gatewood Hall-Gracious Home
Open Circle Bracelet- Lisa Leonard
Brown Bead and Gold Pave Bead Bracelet- Stella & Dot


We had some friends over for dinner, and I wanted something very comfortable to wear.  Especially since we'd have 5 kids under 4 to manage, and most likely we'd be in the floor a lot!  And I was right!  We ate barbecue in the playroom, and it was so much fun.


I love this rose gold Stella & Dot necklace I wore, but unfortunately, as is to be expected, Ben gave it one good yank and broke it.  But never fear, I hooked it back together with a paperclip!  So there!  Back in business. :)


And, of course, you know I can't pass up a pair of glittery shoes!  I found these a few years back while shopping with my sister in law, and they are always good for a dose of sparkle!

Mocha Cutout Top- Target
Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Rose Gold Jewel Necklace- Stella & Dot
Rose Gold Sequined Shoes- Charming Charlie's

What did you wear this week??  I'll be linking up at The Pleated Poppy.  Snap a few pics of your outfits and join in!  It's so much fun, and you can find lots of support, good ideas and outfit inspiration for yourself!
 
pleated poppy


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Great outfits! I love the gingham shirt with the blue skirt, and your bracelets are beautiful together! Visiting from WIWW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! And thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  2. I love all your outfits! Those Target wedges are fab! I find great shoes at target too. They always have good knockoffs of higher priced shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! And the wedges were only like $14! There's one other color that I might just have to go back and grab too! :)

      Delete
  3. LOOOOOVE the gingham shirt and bow skirt!!! my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...