Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hi Friends!  I am have been so confused with my days this week because of the holiday on Monday.  So even though it feels like Tuesday, it is certainly Wednesday, which means What I Wore Wednesday!  I will be linking up to What I Wore Wednesday at the Pleated Poppy like I do every week!  So here's what I pulled together this week.

So seriously.  Groop Dealz, Very Jane, Sassy Steals, etc, etc... You are going to make me go broke.  These deal sites are the best and worst things ever for me.  Best- I have gotten some super cute pieces (like this polka dot top!) for pretty inexpensive.  Worst- I. can't. stop. buying.  When I check my emails in the morning, they are the first ones I open.  I've had lots of hits, and a few misses.  But this navy polka dot top was a definite hit!  You can pretty much almost guarantee that if something is described as "Anthropologie Inspired" it's gonna go in my shopping cart.  Oh, the days when I worked there and had a generous discount and could afford clothes there (honestly, I really couldn't afford them way back then with the discount!)!!  So now, I'll just order my Anthro Inspired pieces from my frenemy, Groop Dealz!

Navy Polka Dot Top- Groop Dealz
Red Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Gold Flat Thong Sandals- Target 


This is the verrrrrry casual outfit I wore the day before the girls birthday party, while we were running to Wal Mart, Home Depot, setting up the backyard, planting flowers, baking cakes, etc.  Please forgive the no-makeup and pasty legs look.

Chambray Button Up- Target
Turquoise Shorts- Wal Mart
Converse Sneakers- Target 


This is what I wore for Brantley and Grayson's Fairy Garden Tea Party!  This pink maxi skirt (another amazing Groop Dealz find!!) is so lightweight.  Sometimes wearing maxis in the summer can be a sauna for your legs, but this one is very cool.  I just tucked in a pretty white t with some pom pom embellishment, and added a gold Stella & Dot clover chain to my old standby, my monogram necklace.

White T- Belk
Pink Maxi Skirt- Groop Dealz
Gold Glitter Strap Sandals- Target



To church on Sunday, I wore this dress that my brother got me for my birthday!  I loved it when I pulled it out of the bag, but then when I put it on and it fit perfectly, I loved it even more!  I dressed it up for church with nude platform sandals, an armful of bangles, no necklace and pretty chandelier earrings, but I think it would be just as cute with flat gold sandals and a few long layered necklaces.  I have a feeling I'll be pulling this out of my closet to wear a lot this summer!

Blue Dress- Gift from Brother (He told me he got it at Sam's!  Who'd have thought?!)
Tan Platform Sandals- Target 
Bangles- Stella & Dot


I wore this outfit on Memorial Day.  We were outside most of the day, and it was so gorgeous out!  I LOVE these shorts (I mean, as much as I can possibly love shorts), and love the polka dots.  The summer version of my favorite polka dot jeans!


And I love this turquoise necklace from my in-laws for my birthday!  It perfectly complemented my patriotic ensemble! :)

Red Pleated Top- Gap
Polka Dot Dark Denim Shorts- Seven for all Mankind from TJ Maxx!
Turquoise Necklace- Gift 
Turquoise Braided Sandals- Target 


And lastly, another easy maxi for work around the house and some errands!  At least this week I feel like I changed up my silhouettes and looks that I'm comfortable with, but definitely feel like maxi skirts and dresses will be my comfort zone for the summer!

And I love this Stella & Dot pendant with the dress to add to the kind of tribal-hippie look of the dress.  
Black and White Tribal Print Maxi- Wal Mart (!!!)
Large Stone Pendant- Stella & Dot
Black Espadrille Wedges- Banana Republic

Thanks again for joining me this week!  And thank you, again,  for all the sweet comments about my outfit posts!  I had actually wanted to start posting my weekly outfits a while back, but it took me several months before I built up the courage to actually do it.  And if you look through some of the bloggers that link up to The Pleated Poppy, yeah, there are some serious fashion bloggers, but most are just normal women, lots of moms, all different shapes and sizes, just trying to keep themselves accountable.  Just trying to take some pride in themselves and leave the pajamas for bedtime (and maybe just one day a week instead of 5!)!  
So pop on over to What I Wore Wednesday and check it out!  And if you've been going back and forth, maybe today is your day to link up!  
 
I'm also linking over to I Feel Pretty at Get Your Pretty On!  Check it out!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first dress. Really beautiful.

    All your outfits are adorable, and you've not seen pasty until you've seen my legs. I'm like a ghost!

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last maxi! That is simply stunning!

    Would you like to follow each other via GFC? I'd love to hear from you, be sure to comment when you visit: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! And I'm a new follower on your blog! Would love for you to follow me here too! :) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...