Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  Time for another weekly post of the outfits I threw together this past week.
 
We had a really busy week with a lot going on, but I still tried my best to at least change out of the jammies! And thank you for all the comments, messages, texts and encouragement on my previous posts.  Posting what I wear each week, though it seems very trivial and even vain, it has really made me feel good about myself, has challenged me to get more creative with what I wear, and from what y'all have told me, has encouraged and inspired others to get dressed, and put some pride into what you look like!

So, I'm going to keep challenging myself, and keep linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy!
 
On to the outfits!


Very simple chambray pop-over with white jeans.  Pretty classic and basic.  And I wish I got a close up of my shoes; they are pretty special.  Probably the oldest thing in my closet!  I got these Bongo nude platform sandals when I went to New York with my dad for my 16th birthday!  They have been through numerous moves, and more importantly  numerous closet purges!  They have made it through since they are still in great shape, and are so sentimental!


The necklace layering obsession continues, with some Stella& Dot baubles.


And where there are layered necklaces, there are stacked bracelets!

Chambray Pop-Over- Old Navy
White Jeans- Gap
Necklaces- Stella & Dot
Bracelets- Gatewood Hall-Gracious Home, Lisa Leonard, Stella & Dot


This outfit fit the bill for running Brantley to and from school, then coming home to complete a myriad of tasks for the rest of the day.  I did throw on a necklace for a little bit, but Ben nearly choked me, so off it came. :)  Hey, at least I tried.

Striped Double Layer Tank- Wal Mart (I mean, how cute is that?!  Can't beat $9!)
Long White Coral Pendant- Stella & Dot
Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Gold Flip Flops- Old Navy


This past weekend, we traveled to Aiken, South Carolina to spend some time with my in-laws, and get all the kids together.  Brantley and two of her cousins were born within 3 1/2 months of each other, and have the best time when they get together!  So while the menfolk golfed, the women held down the fort and reigned in the 7 kids!  By the end of the day I had multiple coffee stains on my mint jeans, my necklace had been taken off around lunchtime, and it was a miracle I didn't have some sort of food splattered across my shirt!  My outfit was comfortable, though, which was important!  And those kids had a BLAST, and it was so great catching up with family.  So much fun, in fact, that I forgot to take my pic in Aiken and had to "reenact" it when we got home!   Oops!

Red Striped T Shirt- Wal Mart
Mint Skinny Jeans- Gap
Turquoise Bubble Necklace- Ebay
Gold Flip Flops- Old Navy   


We spent a portion of Mother's Day coming home in the car, so I wanted to be comfortable for the car ride. Dresses are always about a hundred times more comfortable for me in the car, so that was the ticket.  I did have a little bling in my necklace since it was Mother's Day and all... :)



And this ring was a "Happy Mother's Day, Amanda! Love, Goat & Lulu" gift. :)  I have wanted a ring or rings with my kids names on them for some time now (I have a slight obsession with jewelry personalized with my children's names), but hadn't found exactly what I wanted.  Until I saw this on Etsy.  It's actually two spring-like rings that kind of twist together on your finger.  One has all thee kids names, and the other just says "Blessed."  I love it so much, and love the brass (even thought it turned my finger green for a few days!  Oops!), which is a little different from silver or gold.  And I love that it's the same color brass as my "Grace" bracelet that I have been wearing everyday.  So it's like everything goes together without ever intending it.  I love when that happens!

Jean Jacket- Gap
Black Henley Dress- Shade Clothing
Wood and Rhinestone Necklace- Stella & Dot
Glitter Strap Nude Sandals- Target
Hand Stamped Brass Rings- NicWhims on Etsy (P.S...Nicole was AWESOME to work with and SOO nice!  Highly recommended!) 


New favorite outfit!!!  After seeing this pin the other day, I was unofficially looking for a hot pink maxi skirt.  But before I could even start an active search, good 'ole Groop Dealz came through for me!  $14.99 and free shipping??  YES PLEASE!  And it shipped super fast, which I always love.  I actually wore this two days in a row since nobody really saw me the first day, ha!  Anyone else do that? :)  Either way, I have a feeling this skirt will be very versatile.  It's super comfy, not hot like some maxi skirts can be, and you can't beat the color.  Thanks Groop Dealz!


I have TONS of drop/dangle/chandelier earrings, but with a baby that LOVES to grab things that sparkle, jingle and shake, I've been wearing studs for quite sometime.  But I broke out these gorgeous green Stella & Dot beauties, and reminded myself that they elongate the face, which is something I need right now!  So I'm gonna brave it, and just keep the little man's grasp away from my ears!

Jean Jacket- Gap
Black and White Striped Tank- Target
Pink Tiered Maxi Skirt- Groop Dealz (and if it comes back, I'm getting the other colors too!)
Black Flat Sandals- Old Navy (I guess you can't really see those in the pic)
Green Drop Earrings- Stella & Dot

I will be linking up to What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy, and you should check it out!  Lots and lots of creative and inspiring outfit ideas.  Thanks, as always, for reading! :)

pleated poppy

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the maxi skirt outfit!! Been searching high and low for a bright maxi skirt since seeing that same pin and now I'll have my eyes peeled on Groopdealz. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, they had the bright pink, and also brown, black and another color I can't think of. It's so lightweight and you can't beat the price. I'll definitely get at least one mre if they come around again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...