Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

I have started to join the link up over at The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday. If you're unfamiliar, here's how Lindsey from The Pleated Poppy puts it, in her own words:
"i started this linky long ago to simply push myself to get dressed every day. the act of photographing my daily outfits pushed me out of the sweat-pants-rut and into real clothes. over the years i have slowly become more comfortable with trying new things, more color, and fun accessories. if you’re in a lull, join up and see what amazing changes will happen!"
 
 This is my fourth week, and I'm averaging about 5 days of actual outfits instead of jammies per week!  Before I started photographing my outfits it was 2, maybe 3 days a week?!  Not only do I have better confidence, but I'm getting more creative with (and getting more wear out of) the clothes in my closet.  Plus, on the days I get dressed, I am SO productive!  I have been working on lots of DIY projects, sewing, etc. in the last 4 weeks in addition to all my wifely and mama duties.  I truly think just simply getting dressed, doing my hair (most of the time) and makeup has made a big difference.  I am much more likely to be lazy if I'm just chilling in my sweats all day!  Now, there is certainly a time and a place for that too, but I'd like for those days to be in the minority.
 
Anyway, enough talk.  Onto the outfits!
 
 
I wore this super comfy striped dress to my monthly mom's meeting at Brantley's preschool. 
 
 
 
I love these little booties, but I really hardly ever wear them.  But I thought they were cute peeking out under my dress, and since we're on the tail end of cool weather, I thought I better wear them while I can!
 
 
And a close-up of one of my favorite accessories that I bought right after Christmas, my leopard infinity scarf.  It was such a good buy, I wore it TONS throughout the colder months.  But it'll be too heavy for summer, so again, wearing it while I can.  I'm in love with the stripes and leopard combo, and I like how it pulls in the brown from the bottom of the dress.
 
Striped Dress- Groop Dealz
Brown Booties- Target
Leopard Infinity Scarf- Etsy
 
 
Don't you just hate it/love it when you're going to Target for some AA batteries, and you come out with two new pairs of shoes, a dress, 2 bookshelves and new pajamas for your kids?  I had no intention of getting anything the other day (pshhh, like that ever happens at Target), but I drove my cart past this dress no less than 4 times before I tried it on.  And thank goodness I did, because I LOVE this dress!!!  Bright coral and fuchsia stripes, check, high-low hem, check, super comfy stretch knit, check!  This will most likely be my go-to dress this summer.  Throw on a jean jacket and flat sandals, and done.  Pair it with a cute belt and platform sandals, and you're ready for date night.  Perfect over your swimsuit at the beach for an easy cover up.  The ultimate versatile summer dress, and I love it.  Plus, it was $25.  Hard to beat that.
 

 
I love layering necklaces, and thought my Stella & Dot white coral pendant looked pretty with my gold monogram necklace.  And I wear my Lisa Leonard silver bracelet with my children's names on it everyday, and threw on some colorful Stella & Dot bangles too. 
 

 
Oh, and the shoes.  My new favorite flats.  Target, you had me at gold glitter strap. 
 
Jean Jacket- Gap
Coral Striped High Low Dress- Target
Gold Glitter Nude Sandals- Target
Gold Monogram Necklace- Very Jane (Necklace is from NameJewelrySpot.com)
White Coral and Gold Pendant- Stella & Dot
Coral and Turquoise Bangles- Stella & Dot
Open Circle Bracelet- Lisa Leonard Designs
 
 
Simple, easy outfit for Princess Night at Chick Fil A. :)  I was actually going through my old bathing suits the other day (yikes), and found this Gap top that was one of my favorites!  It's just a simple red knit pleated top, but I love the color, it's very lightweight, and it's another piece that I just always grab.
 
Red Pleated Top- Gap
Royal Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad at Kohl's
Sandals- Target
Long Gold Necklace- Stella & Dot
 
 
Sooo...this outfit is like the pants version of the first one shown!  I have a thing for stripes. :)  I wore this when I had to take my sweet boy to the doctor after a rough weekend. :(  Of course it was rainy
(I think it's a law that it must rain when I take my kids to the doctor) and chilly, so this lightweight sweater and scarf fit the bill.  At least I got one more wear out of the leopard scarf and the booties!
 
Charcoal and White Striped Sweater- Old Navy
White Lace Cami- Macy's
Black Skinny Pants- Gap
Leopard Infinity Scarf- Etsy
Third Time's a Charm Necklace- Stella & Dot
Brown Booties- Target
 
 
And last but not least.  Teacher Appreciation Week is this week for Brantley's school, and so I'm fulfilling my Room Mom duties and collecting all kinds of goodies for her sweet teachers.  So instead of running Brantley through the carpool, I'm helping out inside.  I stuck with my tried and true tunic and skinny jean uniform.  I love this tunic, with the mint polka dot print, the gold metal details, and the fact that it's sheer and very lightweight.  I'm hoping to be able to wear it a lot this spring and summer.
 
 
And for anyone wondering, my sweet boy is starting to feel so much better. :)  And look how big he's getting!!!  SLOOOOOOOW DOOOWWWN, TIIIIIIMMME!
 
 
I wanted to keep my accessories simple since I was helping with preschoolers, so I just added my Stella & Dot snakeskin bangle to my LL bracelet.  Done.
 
Mint Polka Dot Tunic- Groop Dealz
Skinny Jeans- Levi's from Macys (These were actually a pretty wide bootcut, but I altered them into skinny jeans!  Tutorial to come soon!)
Gold Ballet Flats- Old Navy
Snakeskin Bangle- Stella & Dot
Open Circle Bracelet- Lisa Leonard Designs
 
So, thanks for tuning into my fourth installment of What I Wore Wednesday!  I'll be linking up on The Pleated Poppy.  Definitely check it out!  There are 300+ bloggers that link up, and if anything, you can get tons of outfit ideas and inspiration!
 
pleated poppy
 
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. i LOVE these!!!! i think the dress and the striped sweater are my faves. both with the booties and leopard scarf. and i always see the clothes on the daily deal sites, but have been leery to order any. you just changed my mind! you look great!! and i totally agree...on days when i actually get dressed, do my makeup, etc. i am SO much more productive and feel like i have lots of energy/motivation (so WHHHHHYYYYYY is it so hard for me to do this!?!?!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! :) Yeah, groopdealz and very jane suck me in way more often then I'd like to admit. Ha! And I have gotten some REALLY cute things, but I have also been burned a few times. But it's so hard to resist!! And the more I get dressed, I think the easier it gets! But being pregnant gets you a free pass... :) :)

      Delete
  2. Such cute outfits! I seriously love to mix leopard print and stripes. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kassie! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love both of your dresses! (I'm also a big fan of stripes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dresses! New follower!Maybe you can pop by my blog when you get a chance. :)
    www.nicole-blissfullyblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, and thanks for stopping by and following! I'm a new follower on your blog too and you are too cute!!! Love the pic of you and your mama. :)

      Delete
  5. You're dresses are awesome! And I love your polka dot blouse. =) You're super pretty.
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callie, you are too sweet! Thank you!! I visited your blog, and your shawls are SO beautiful!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...