Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Gracie!


 Two years ago, today, my darling Grayson Caroline was born into this world.  At six teeny little pounds, she made out family a foursome, and we were instantly in love.


Some memories of her birth are as clear as if it happened yesterday, and others are foggy and hard to recall, as if they may have actually been a dream.  



Grayson made me the mommy of two little girls, and made Brantley a big sister with a built in best friend.


Grayson has been a ray of sweet sunshine since she arrived.  A happy and fun little personality, full of life and energy, and she gives the best hugs of any child I've ever known.


She crawled late, walked late, got her teeth late, and is talking late, but doing everything in her own time at her own pace.  And this mama is completely fine with that.  Time passes fast enough, so if she wants to draw out her time being little, I'm happy to oblige.


But now, all of sudden, I feel like she's such a big girl.  She walked into the bathroom the other day and I chased after her, afraid that she was going to play in the toilet, but she came out with a tissue, blowing her nose.  I didn't even know she could blow her nose!  She's not a baby anymore.  She's a little sister and a big sister, she's a force to be reckoned with, she is a firecracker.

 
My Gracie, with the sweetest little spirit, loving soul and energetic personality, you are a one of a kind.


I couldn't possibly love you more than I do, and I am so very proud to be your mommy.  I love the way you wave and say "Hi, Mommy!" the first moment you see me in the morning.  I love how you sit with Brantley and pat her on the back when she's crying in time out, how you give Ben hugs and kisses all day long, and how you run to squeeze your Daddy's legs and raise your arms up for him to lift you up when he gets home from work.  I love how much you love your family.  And how much you love to eat. :)


You make me so happy and make me smile every time I see that mischievous grin come across your face.
And it's not just me, you bring joy to so many people all around you, and especially to your little brother and your big sister.


My sweet girl, you keep growing and growing, learning more and more, and showing us how smart and how capable you are, and that you are not just a pretty face.


You are a precious, precious girl, and our family just would not be complete without our darling Gracie Girl.

Happy Second Birthday, my girl.  I love you with all my heart.



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I adore that sweet little girl! Happy, happy birthday beautiful little lady.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...