Monday, May 20, 2013

31 Things I've Learned in 31 Years

My birthday card from my babies :)
 
Yesterday was my 31st birthday!  And inspired a post by Jessie at Cupcakes and Running Shoes, I thought I'd share 31 things I've learned in 31 years.
 
1. It takes a village to raise a child.
 
2. I need to be creative and create on a daily basis. 
 
3. Being a mother is much more difficult and far more rewarding than I ever imagined it would be.
 
 4. You have absolutely no right to judge a parent or give advice to a parent unless you are actually a parent.  And even then, you still ought to keep your mouth shut unless asked.  I regret a lot of the things I thought or said about other parents before I became one.  And I have eaten my words on more than one occasion.
 
5. Never write down anything you don't want to be read.
 
6. Ordinary days are worth celebrating.
 
 7. Despite all the advice and things you hear and read as a parent, you have to do what's best for you and your family.
 
 8. My family is hands-down, the most important thing in the world to me.
 
9. You don't have to spend a lot of money to look nice.
 
10. It's good to throw the schedule out the window every once in a while and just wing it.
 
11. All children are absolute miracles.
 
 12. For me, cooking is therapeutic.  I even might like to cook more than I like to eat (which is saying a lot).  There is a lot of stress that can be taken out while dicing an onion!
 
 13. No matter how crazy your life is, if you meet everyone with a smile and a kind word, they'll think you've got it all together.  You may even convince yourself.
 
14. Audrey Hepburn had it right, happy girls are the prettiest girls.
 
15. I find complete joy in giving thoughtful gifts.
 
16. Fill up your gas tank before you get to E.  Trust me on that one. :)
 
 17. It's better to overpack than to leave something at home.  Especially when kids are involved.
 
18. And whoever said that comparison is the thief of joy was right, too.
 
19. Worrying about things that are out of your control is a waste of time.  Though, that's much easier said than done.
 
20. You can never say "I Love You" too much.
 
21. Sometimes you just need someone to listen and tell you that everything will be okay. 
 
22.There are few things that a patio, some live music, and a draft beer can't fix.
 
23. I am way too hard on myself.
 
24. My children are my best accomplishments by far.
 
25. Home grown veggies always taste better.
 
26. I will always have to keep a list notebook.  I'm not sure I'd remember my name without it.
 
27. There is something really special about a hand written note.
 
28. Follow your gut.
 
29. Always pack snacks.
 
30. There is nothing better than snuggling with your babies.  Except maybe the sound of their laugh.
 
31. Never underestimate the power of kindness.
 
I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.  Here's to 31!!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...