Thursday, May 9, 2013

10 Things I Have Learned from My Mother In Law

In honor of Mother's Day this Sunday, I thought I would honor two amazing mothers in my life on the blog, my husband's mom, and my own mom.
 
Two amazing women who have been extremely influential in my life, my husband's life, and the lives of my children.  They are both so important to me, and have taught me some very important life lessons that I'd like to share.
 
Today, I'd like to focus on my Mother in Law, and Friday, my own mom.
 
10 Lessons I've Learned from my Mother in Law:
 
Nana, Grayson, Bennett and Brantley :)
1. Lots and lots of joy can come from getting in the floor and playing with your kids.
 
2. It is imperative to have some time to yourself every once in a while.
 
3. Even when you're tired and you don't want to, exercise.  It calms the mind, you'll have more energy when you're done, and you won't regret being active.
 
4. Whenever you go to visit friends and/or family, bring a little gift.  It doesn't have to be big or expensive, but a little thought goes a long way.
 
5. There is no shame in sleeping late!
 
6. When you have friends and/or family coming to visit and stay with you, have their favorite things to eat and drink in the fridge and the pantry.  It makes them feel at home, comfortable and welcome!

7. You can never have too many pictures of the ones you love on display.  People love looking at pictures.

8. Traditions are important.

9. There is nothing more important than family.  And nothing more satisfying than spending quality time with your family.

10. When you get married, you don't only marry your spouse, you marry their family.  Which in my case, was an incredible blessing.

Nana, thank you for all your love and support you have given us through the years.  Thank you for raising the incredible man that I married, and molding him into the most generous, loving, and caring person I know.  Thank you for always helping when we've needed it, loving us when we didn't deserve it.  Thank you for being a wonderful mother, grandmother, mother in law, and friend.  

We hope you have a beautiful Mother's Day.
  
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...