Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

First of all, thank you for all the wonderful and positive emails, texts, comments, etc. about last week's post!  Y'all sure do know how to make a girl feel good!  And challenging myself to get dressed everyday and posting my pictures is really paying off!  I got out of my yoga pants 5 out of 7 days this week, which I think is a record since Bennett was born!
 
I am starting to join the link up over at The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  If you're unfamiliar, here's how Lindsey from The Pleated Poppy puts it, in her own words:
 
"i started this linky long ago to simply push myself to get dressed every day. the act of photographing my daily outfits pushed me out of the sweat-pants-rut and into real clothes. over the years i have slowly become more comfortable with trying new things, more color, and fun accessories. if you’re in a lull, join up and see what amazing changes will happen!"
 
 
I love this idea, so here's a few shots of some outfits I wore this past week:
 

 
I wore this casual outfit to take Brantley to preschool and t run to the grocery store with the two little ones.  I read somewhere that it's just as easy to pull on a pair of jeans as it is to pull on a pair of yoga pants, so why not go for the jeans?  And these jeans are SO comfortable.  And I actually made this same scarf for an Etsy customer of mine, and loved the color combination so much that I made myself one!  It's hard to tell in the photos, but one side is navy chevron, and the other side is a jade and emerald floral print.  An unusual pattern combination of the chevron and floral, but I think the very classic color combination of navy, green and white is what makes it work.
 
White T shirt- Gap
Royal Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad from Kohls
Navy Chevron/Floral Scarf- Goat & Lulu
Brown Flip Flops- Target
Adorable Toddler- Miss Grayson Luton :)



Another super casual outfit, worn to take Brantley to school and take the two littles to the park!  I love mixing patterns, and again, it's hard to see in the photos (need to work on that!) the jeans are polka dotted!  Another one of my favorite spring buys.  They are so versatile, and since they're a subtle pattern, I have been able to wear them with several different patterns, including gingham, as seen here, stripes, and floral.  I haven't done polka dot on polka dot, because that just seems like a bit much for me.
 
Navy Gingham Button Up- Target
Polka Dot Jeans- Target
Converse One Stars- Target (Shop at Target much?)


This is the outfit I wore for my super fun Thirty-One party on Saturday!  Kaliska came over and brought some super cute bags, and took our orders, and I had a bunch of fun catching up with friends and family.  And Scott an my brother watched all the kids which was pretty nice too!
 
Linen Tunic- Charter Club from Macys
Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad from Kohls
Tan Platform Sandals- Target
 


 
It was chilly and rainy on Sunday, so this is what I wore to church.  Another tunic and skinnies silhouette, but I'm comfortable with it, and sticking with it for now!  Another photo bomb by a super cute little lady in her pretty smocked church dress. :)
 
Blue, White and Black Floral Tunic- INC from Macys
Black Skinny Pants- Gap (my ABSOLUTE favorite pants)
Black Bow Wedges- Alfani from Macys
Medina Bib Necklace- Stella & Dot


 
 Here again, is pretty much my weekday uniform, a casual look with skinnies for taking Brantley to school and running errands.  Again, loving the pattern play with the leopard print and the stripes.  Adds a little interest to an otherwise basic outfit.
 
Gray and White Striped Long Sleeve T- Gap
Red Skinny Jeans- LC Lauren Conrad from Kohls (I SERIOUSLY love these jeans!)
Leopard Infinity Scarf- Etsy
Tan Flower Toe Flats- From the Apparel Mart in Atlanta a hundred years ago :)
 
And Gracie needed a little love during this photo, so I happily obliged as the camera snapped. :)
 
What are you wearing this week??  Do you have a uniform or a silhouette you wear over an over like me?  Tell me I'm not alone!! :)
 
Check out What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy!
 
pleated poppy

 
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I love the red/stripes/leopard combo, would have never thought to put it all together! So cute! Found you via the linkup :)
    xoxo Bethany

    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bethany! Thanks for popping over and saying hi! :)

      Delete
  2. I pinned two of those, you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always always always in skinny jeans, or leggings. I have them in every colour imaginable & find they make me feel less 'frumpy mama' even when all I'm wearing with them is a t-shirt & flats. Love your outfits, again, great style! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Skinny jeans and leggings are (almost) as comfy as jammies, but are at least a little more presentable! An thanks so much! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...