Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Leftovers Revamped

There are really few leftovers that I like eating.  Soup is fine.  Chinese I can do.  Fried Chicken also
a-okay.  But that might be about it.  We have leftovers from dinner in our fridge on a daily basis, and I'm embarrassed to say that most of the time they sit in the fridge for a few weeks, and then end up getting tossed out (sometimes container and all!).  Well, not tonight, doggone it.
 
 
I call it "Everything-But-the-Kitchen-Sink Hash."  I truly did not buy a single thing especially for this dinner, but used all the half open bags/containers of who knows what in the fridge and threw it in.  The great thing about this dinner is you really can just throw in whatever you want and/or have on hand.  So here's the basic outline for the recipe and you can go from there!
 
What You Need-
.
Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes- I used about a half a bag since that's what I had.  You could also use leftover rice, which would be really good too.
Diced Ham-or other meat.  Turkey would be good, even roast beef or chicken. 
1 egg per person
shredded cheese (I usesd cheddar since that's what I had, but pretty much anything that melts would work.)
1/2 onion
A varety of vegetables, whatever you gave on hand!  I used cherry tomatoes, spinach and green onions.  Mushrooms would be really good, so would leftover asparagus.  The options are endless!
 
What You Do-
 
Start by adding the hashbrowns to a large skillet with the onions.  Saute until they begin to soften and brown a little.  Add ham, and other veggies.  When all is cooked and heated through, it's ready.  It's that simple! 
 
All the amounts are very approximate, all based on what you have as far as leftovers go, and how many you're feeding.  I threw in a little bit everything I saw in the fridge, and it was really good!  A very simple dinner that uses up leftovers is good any day, by me.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...