Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LOCK UP YOUR SCISSORS.

Last night will go down in Luton family history.
 
Last night will live in infamy.
 
I'm sure years from now, we will laugh for hours about last night.
 
But not yet.
 
That's A LOT of hair.  LONG hair.
 
My girls are very resourceful.  And very mischevious.  And they are very quiet when they are sleeping.  They are also very quiet when they are getting into trouble.
 
BIG trouble.
 
When Brantley's bangs get past her eyebrows, I usually give them a trim in between haircuts.  I keep the scissors in the top drawer of the dresser in their room.  Eye level with me.  Well out of reach of little hands. 
 
Or so I thought.
 
I was upstairs sewing, and Scott yelled my name from downstairs.  Evidently the girls had been making a fuss (nothing at all unusual), and he went in to check on them.  So I came down, and he led me into their bedroom.  First I saw Grayson.
 
 
I started laughing.
 
Then I saw Brantley.
 
 
And I started crying.
 
Oh, Lord.
 
Y'all.
 
They cut their hair.
 
And it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
 
 
They were both so proud and thought it was hilarious.  The girls had moved the bench from their vanity over to the dresser, hopped up on it, started opening drawers and saw the scissors.  Thought it would be a good idea to try their luck as hair stylists.
 
Grayson trying to comforrt mama
Now don't get me wrong, this could've turned out a lot worse.  There was no blood, all fingers and ears are accounted for, and the girls are fine.  And honestly I feel horrible, like the worst mother in the world, that they were able to get out the scissors and truly put themselves in danger.  Yes, I am certainly mourning the unexpected loss of my girls beautiful hair.  But I really feel terribly guilty.
 
Plus, I have absolutely NO IDEA how they are going to fix the hack job Brantley did on hers and Grayson's hair, when we go to the salon FIRST THING.
 
I am thankful we don't have any family pictures planned for a few months, and that Christmas is over.  I am also thankful that both girls have thick, dark beautiful hair that grows very quickly.
 
Good thing.
 
Because it's gonna look rough for a while.  Good thing they're young and confident.
 
We'll see how the salon goes.  When I told Brantley that we'd have to go to the salon to get the rest of her hair cut and evened out, she said, "but I didn't want all of it short!"
 
Hmm.
 
Clearly.
 
Y'all need to look at this again.
 
 
 And I was just thinking yesterday that I was so glad the front of Grayson's hair had finally grown long enough to tuck behind her ears.
 
 
Welp, she's got bangs now.
 
So, consider this a Public Service Announcement.
 
Mamas.
 
LOCK UP YOUR SCISSORS.
 
And please say a prayer for me.
 
After the incident
 
In between catching your breath from laughing hysterically.
 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Noooooo!!! OMG!!! Well, I'm sure y'all laugh really hard about this one day. For now, they'll get two cute bobs and, I'm sure, look adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop laughing. And I know you're not laughing yet. But I'm laughing enough for the both of us! AHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I think I would've been locked up last night or had to leave the house. I feel for ya! I never expeirenced that with my girl, who is 8. In the last year or two she did a trim, but nothing like that. My son, who is 2....he is going to turn my red hair gray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot even. there are no words. i'm sure your babies will look precious with their new (professional) haircuts, but i don't blame you... i would have cried, too. a lot. and do not feel bad at all. we all know how resourceful toddlers can be. nothing is safe. even the things that we think are. we've all had those moments when we find them with something that we were just SURE they'd never be able to reach/find/grab. hang in there, momma! and post some pictures of their adorable new cuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH man, well it's a learning curve, but I agree they'll look cute with a cropped bob, and of course it'll grown fast! :) Chin up

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...