Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Laundry Room Redo

So, it seems like a boring room to redo, but I have been dying to redecorate our laundry room (as noted in this post
 
We have a decent size laundry room; big enough for our washer and dryer, a big basin sink, and a hanging bar over the sink.  We have cabinets and room to store plenty of stuff to clutter it up really nicely.  And therein lies our problem.  Our laundry room ends up being a junk-drop zone.  The basin sink gets filled with our empty milk jugs and soft-drink cases, I pile up junk mail in a gift bag on top of the dryer, and we have old unopened phone books (who even uses phone books anymore??) in our cabinets.
 
So, a few weeks ago, I decided that I had had enough.  I needed to at least add a little flair to our drab laundry room, and also add some organization.  I wanted to have a place to hang coats that we use regularly, backpacks, the dog leash, while also still using the laundry room for, well, doing the laundry.
 
So, from browsing on pinterest (where else), here are some pins that I got some inspiration from:
 
From Little Green Notebook
LOVE the combination of the graphic black and white striped rug and the floral fabric.  I think the laundry room is a small enough space that I could rock this bold choice without it interfering with the pretty neutral palette in the rest of the house.
 
From Decorpad.com
I love the beadboard and the hooks in this design.  I like the idea of a bench, or some sort of surface, but I don't think we have quite enough room for a built in.  But the hooks would be perfect to conveniently hang jackets, tote bags, etc.  Love the baskets too.
 
From Jones Design Company
 
From one of my very favorite blogs, Jones Design Company.  Again, love the stripes, and the bright colored prints. 
 
From goldensugarstudio.com

From zitzmanfam.blogspot.com
 And love all these colorful prints to pretty up the laundry room.
 
I got started over the weekend, but am still not completely done.  I'll leave you hanging, and post a follow-up when it's complete!
 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love that second-to-last print, so true it nearly brought tears to my eyes!! Gorgeous inspiration, I can't wait to see it finished!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, that print makes me tear up too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...