Thursday, February 21, 2013

Currently: Random Bits of my Life

Inspired by another one of my very favorite blogs, Jones Design Company, I thought I would share some things that are going on in my life right now...
loving-  The idea of having a signature fragrance.  And my mom mentioned something the other day that really stuck with me.  She said that around my kids, she tries to always wear the same perfume.  So that way, when the kids smell that certain fragrance, it reminds them of her.  I think that is so sweet!  So, since Brantley has been born, I have been wearing Eternity by Calvin Klein (classic!).  I hope that fragrance will always remind my babies of their mama. :)  Plus, I just love it. 
If it ain't broke...
 
reading-  Ummm...my new People Style magazine?  Sadly, not much reading lately.  But after this post from my sister in law, I may try Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley.  Has anyone else read this?  It comes highly recommended.
 
waiting for-  Some cute new clothes to come in the mail.  There were some amazing President's Day sales that I totally took advantge of!
 
excited about-  Getting new sofas.  LONG overdue.  The ones we have now we have had since before we MET and after a hairy dog, three babies who spit up regularly, potty training, red wine, and late night snacking, they are showing their age.  My birthday is in May, and we're going to spring for them then.  I have been scouring the interwebs and looking through all kinds of different catalogs trying to find exactly what I want. :)
 
trying to-  Get to bed earlier.  I have been averaging between 1 and 2 am lately, and by the looks of my reflection in the mirror, I am not getting my beauty sleep.
working on-  Redecorating my...laundry room!  Ha!  Seriously though, I'm taking a trip to Home Depot tomorrow and doing some real work on it on Saturday in an attempt to reduce clutter and get this family organized!  I'll certainly post pictures when it's all done!
 
enjoying- 50% off Valentines Chocolate!  Who cares if I didn't get a box of chocolates on Valentine's Day?  I bought my own HUGE box the next day for half off!
 
using-  My sewing machine.  A LOT.  Easter orders are coming every day and I am trying to stay on top of them!
wearing-  My Lauren Conrad skinny jeans from Kohls!!  I heard about them from another one of my favorite blogs, For the Love Of....  They are inexpensive (I got them on sale for $29.99!) have just the right amount of stretch, are very comfortable, and are, surprisingly, um, accomodating (??!) on a post-pregnancy body.  The rise is a little bit higher than some other jeans that I have, so my love handles and baby pooch that are still hanging around aren't smooshing out of the top.  Lovely image for you to ponder.  Anyway, I can at least throw on a tunic and a pair of boots and feel pretty decent in these jeans!
 
planning-  A joint birthday party for my two favorite little girlies!  I'm not in full-blown party mode yet, but I am in the beginning theme-planning stages. :)  Only three months out!
 
singing-  A baby-song medley of the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Row Row Your Boat, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  Itsy Bitsy Spider has had magical calming properties with the girls, and works the same way when Ben gets upset.  So I break out into song, and usually Brantley joins in and Ben starts smiling and giggling. :)  Mission accomplished.
 
needing-  To go to the dentist.  I don't even want to admit how long it's been.  But how am I supposed to go with three small children?  Not much fun to get a babysitter to go to the dentist.  Wah-wah.
 
learning- To be a more patient mama.  I have caught myself snapping at the girls and losing my patience with them, especially in the evenings when we're all getting tired.  I try to count to 20, or take a deep breath, or just walk away for a minute instead of yelling.  It's a work in progress...
 
listening to- My faves playlist on Spotify.  Especially when I'm sewing, I need some background music to sing along to.  I love old Hall and Oates, live acoustic Maroon 5, live Indigo Girls, Marshall Tucker Band, and a bunch of very random and eclectic artists.  My musical preferences go from one end of the spectrum to the other.
 
 
wishing- I could get an eyebrow wax every two weeks!  Gah!  My brows currently resemble caterpillars, which is not a good look on this mama. 
 
doing-  A LOT of laundry.  I swear, I do 10 loads of laundry before I even get to mine and Scott's!  It is never ending...
 
dreaming of- A mama crafting weekend.  Anybody with me?  Want to get together and get some DIY projects done??  Let's get it on the calendar!
 
Want to play along?  What's currently going on in your life?
 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Love this and hearing about these bits of your life. With posts like this, I'm always a little bummed when I get to the end. :) May try and do this next week! And P.S. Thanks for the shout out! Let me know if you end up reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like hearing little random things about what's going on in people's everyday lives too. Kind of like a little chit-chat catch up. :) You should totally do it!

      Delete
  2. I love having a signature scent. I really need to do this. And it's funny you mention it because it is so important, once i was on an airplane and the woman next to me smelled just like my mom and wanted to hug her. Also after my mother-in-law has been babysitting I still smell her on my youngest when i hug him. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, exactly!! They say that the sense of smell evokes the most powerful memories, and I totally believe it. There is something so comforting about the way your mom smells, and I have had my kids smell like my mom after she's held them too, and I love it! I'm just hoping my kids will have those same wonderful feelings when they smell my fragrance!

      Delete
  3. 1. i LOVE enemies of the heart. HIGHLY recommend it!
    2. i'm embarrassed to say how long it's been since i've been to the dentist. it's bad. if only i could drink, or take a xanax , or have the laughing gas (or all three!) while pregnant/nursing then i would have been there years ago.
    3. the laundry at my house is out of control. it doesn't help that libbi insists on changing clothes at least 5 times a day.
    4. crafting weekend? count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I think I'm going to have to read Enemies of the Heart! And YAY for craft weekend!!! Another friend of mine says she's in, so we've got at least three! Let me know what weekends you're available in April and maybe we can get something worked out! This will be so much FUN!!! BTW, I CAN'T WAIT to find out what you're having!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Feel free to email me with any questions at goatandlulu@gmail.com! :) Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...