Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome Sally Kate

 
An 8 pound 4 ounce drop of pure sunshine came into this world yesterday at 4:30 in the afternoon.  My brother, my only sibling, became a daddy yesterday when Miss Sally Katherine, Sally Kate, came into the world.

 
 
My brother and I are only 18 months apart, and have always been very close.  He has been head over heels with my kids, and is such a wonderful uncle.  They love their Uncle Ramsey.  And just from the way he plays with them, talks with them, talks about them, I knew he was going to be an amazing father.
 
 
 
And then today, he was an amazing father.  He stood by my sister in law, Beth, all through labor and delivery, and proudly showed off picture after picture of his darling first born.  When I was able to go back and see her, Ramsey and I watched her first bath.  He took picture after picture, pausing in between to touch her little arm, and call her his "pretty girl". 
 
 
I tear up every time I look at this photo.  It is amazing to step back and see my brother as a father.  I am so proud of him, so proud of my sister in law, and know that they will make such wonderful parents.  They have so much love to share, and this darling girl will certainly be loved.
 
So to my dear niece, Sally Kate, welcome to the world, sweet girl.  You have a whooooooole bunch of friends and family that love you so much already.  Three cousins that can't wait to play with you, an Uncle Scott that can't wait to give you loud and obnoxious fun things to play with, and your proud Aunt Amanda that can't wait to snuggle you some more very soon.
 

 
 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This post made me choke up, as did the picture of Ramsey and Sally Kate on Instagram last night...It so fun to see Marc and Ramsey as dad's, and a makes me feel old...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Allison, I know! It makes me tear up too, it's just so special to see them as daddies. And it was so sweet of Marc to be there yesterday! I know it meant a lot to Ramsey. :)

      Delete
  2. Tears. It's so fun to be a parent alongside your siblings. So happy for Ramsey and his new little family. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thankful to have an amazing sister like you! Could not ask for a better sister and friend. I can't even express what this means to me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...