Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love the Moment

Don't you wish you could sleep so soundly?!

 
So, the Luton house has been invaded by a yucky virus. :(  Even mama has fallen prey.  And the other day, all I could think about was taking a good nap, but alas, I have three wonderful but active children that I am responsible for.  And it's slightly frowned upon to slip away and take a nap while a 3 1/2 year old, 20 month old and 3 month old are left to fend for themselves. 
 
Then the stars aligned around 1:00.  Grayson was snoozing away, Brantley was quietly playing in the playroom by herself (she was playing "class" with her babydolls and I could hear her praising them for singing so nicely in music class. :)) and I had just finished feeding Bennett a bottle of 9 ounces of mama's delicious milk (yeah, 9 OUNCES!  The boy can eat) and he passed right out.  I used my ninja-mama skills and slowly moved a blanket up onto the bed, careful not to disturb the sleeping babe, and covered myself up, hoping to catch a few z's while my baby boy slept beside me. 
 
But.
 
As I looked over at him, I could hardly shut my eyes.  He was sleeping so soundly, so peacefully, so content.  He was so beautiful to look at.  I just stared at him, remembering my mantra for 2013, "Love the Moment."  As fast as he has grown already, it will only continue to go faster.  So I just watched him for a few minutes and smiled to myself, thinking of how blessed I am to be able to have these moments with my children.  And how much I want to slow down and take advantage of them.  And though I hate that all three of my babies and I are sick right now, I don't have to feel guilty about missing work to take them to the doctor, or feeling guilty for leaving them at home with Bammy or Nana because I have to go back to work.  I can be home with my sick babies and take them to the doctor, because that is my job. 
 
So, though I didn't get a nap the other day, I got a moment with my boy that he will never remember, but I will never forget.  And if that isn't what my new mantra is all about, then I don't know what is.
 
Linking up to Let's Be Real on Apples of Gold!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...