Friday, January 11, 2013

Five on Friday: Scarf Obsession

I have been revamping my wardrobe with some of the money that I recieved as gifts this past Christmas (SOOOO fun!).  And since I still have a ways to go before I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (or even a weight that I'm satisfied with), I like to buy a few pieces to get me through, but a bunch of accessories to change up my looks.  And right now, I am hooked on scarves.
 
They contribute the perfect layer to an cold-weather outfit, bring attention up away from your trouble spots to your face, and can add some interest to an otherwise basic outfit.  I have been wearing one almost every day since Christmas!  So here are my 5 favorite scarves that I have found recently:
 
1. Chunky Cowl
 
From Royal Windsor Knits on Etsy
I had been seeing these really thick, chunky cowls around for a while, and decided that I really wanted one.  I actually ordered this one from Royal Windsor Knits on Etsy in a beautiful speckled gray so that as a neutral, I could wear it with a lot.  Plus, these cowls can run you $100 or more from some vendors, but this one was MUCH more affordable.  And it is perfection!  I love that it's pretty much just a thick knit tube, so you don't have to worry about the ends of the scarf getting long and uneven, or choking you.  This one just slides right over your head and lays so nicely (I don't wear it as high as shown in the photo) and is warm (a bonus, functionality!)!  I've worn it everyday since I got it.
 
2. Leopard Infinity Scarf
 
From Designer Scarves World on Etsy
 
Another one that I had to have!  I have more striped shirts than I'd like to admit, and I love the look of mixing patterns, especially a black and white striped shirt with this leopard scarf.  Again, I like the infinity scarves just because they stay in place well.  And when trying to draw attention to your face, this is the easiest way to do it!  I got this one from Designer Scarves World on Etsy.  They have bunches of cute ones, and again, a really good price.
 
3. Braided Layered Scarf
 
From Nette Vivante
This casual braided scarf has been on my DIY list for sometime now.  It's so cute and would be fun to make out of some old t shirts that I need to get out of my dresser drawers.  Or some bright jersey for the springtime?
 
4. Ruffle Scarf
 
From The Pink Peony of Le Jardin
Another super cute DIY!  I love this ruffle scarf that you can make from an XL tee shirt.  I'll put this one on the to-do list too (which means I'll probably get to it around 2017 or so...).
 
5. Chevron Infinity Scarf
 
From Goat & Lulu on Etsy
Okay, okay, I know it's a shameless plug, but I LOVE these chevron infinity scarves!  And since they are in a lightweight cotton, they are great for now, but also work well going into spring.  Plus, they are available in a variety of colors.  Did I mention they are light on the wallet as well??  Check them out in my etsy shop. :)
 
 I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...