Friday, January 4, 2013

Five on Friday: Crockpot Dinners

Inspired by my new crockpot that I got for Christmas from my wonderful husband (see this post), I thought I'd start off this year's first Five on Friday post with five yummy-looking crock pot dinner recipes that I can't wait to try out on the fam.
 
1. Crockpot Honey Bourbon Chicken
 
From tablefortwoblog.com
 
I am a huge sucker for Asian food, and am forever trying out new stir fry recipes and teriyaki chicken recipes to rival those that you find at the mall food court.  This one looks really good, and with nothing that you have to pre-cook, you just throw it all in the crockpot and turn it on, why not try it?
 
2. Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
 
From bakedbyrachel.com
I love Chicken Tortilla Soup, and pretty much anything with melted cheese on top.  I have a feeling we'll be giving this one a try really soon, especially since I have had a major craving for Mexican food lately!
 
3. Slow Cooker Baked Potato Casserole
 
from bevcooks.com
Sometimes on the weekends, Scott and I will make the kids breakfast for dinner (they LOVE it!), and once they get to bed, we'll have a special date at home and grill up some steaks to enjoy.  How nice would it be to have this amazing looking baked potato casserole ready to go once the steaks are done!  Yum!
 
4. Crock Pot Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce
 
From laaloosh.com
Scott loves beef tips, and he used to make them so often that I refused to eat them anymore.  But, it's been a while, and we both have a slight love affair with mushrooms, so maybe this beef tip crock pot recipe will need to get back into our rotation.  Sure would be yummy over some rice.
 
5. Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
 
From food.com
 
In an effort to save a bit on our grocery bill, we decided to have a few nights a week be meatless.  But we both still want filling and hearty meals, and I think this Broccoli Cheese Soup with a big loaf of crusty bread would be perfect.
 
What are you cooking for dinner in the New Year??  Any other good crock pot recipes you can recommend?
 
Have a great weekend!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...