Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Candy Cane Pretzel Treats

I know I said I'd be posting about my Christmas decor today, but it'll just have to wait.  I have had the craaaaaaaaziest of past two days, and I couldn't pull everything together that I really needed to get done, and take pictures of my house and upload them, etc., so just wait until tomorrow.  Please and thank you. :)
 
In the mean time, as I was standing at our kitchen island while the girls ate dinner last night and while I had a sleeping boy in the baby bjorn attached to me, I made the simplest and yummiest Christmas candy treat.
 
 
I call them Candy Cane Pretzel Treats.  And they are addicting.
 
I posted on facebook last week about how delicious the holiday Candy Cane Hershey Kisses are.  And my sister in law mentioned how yummy they would be melted on pretzels a la all those pinterest posts you've probably seen (completely genius, thanks, Linds!).  And the little seed was planted. And that's all it took.
 
So I picked up the three ingredients at the store yesterday when I took all three (yes, I am partially insane) kids to the grocery store.  It's hardly even a recipe it's so easy.  I bought a bag of the waffle-style pretzels, a bag of candy cane hershey kisses (and an extra bag just to eat), and a bag of red and green Christmas M&M's.
 
Put the pretzels on a paper plate (or any other microwave safe plate) and unwrap a kiss and place on top of each pretzel.  Microwave for 60 seconds.  Squash an M&M on the top of the kiss.  Refrigerate until hardened.  Done.  Easiest treat ever.  Try not to eat them all.  That's the hard part. :)
 
I will be back tomorrow with lots of Joy and Cheer all around my house!
 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So glad they're tasty! I've searched two different grocery stores now but have yet to find those candy cane kisses. Next stop, Target. I WILL find them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found them at Walmart and Kroger...I wish you luck on your search! They are totally worth it!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...