Thursday, December 13, 2012

Best Ever Holiday Playlist

 
 
I refuse to start celebrating or decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving.  I like to give Thanksgiving it's moment and it's fair amount of attention.  BUT, the day after Thanksgiving is fair game.  And once the tree decorating, gift wrapping and cookie baking begins, I like to have a good repertoire of Christmas music to put us all in the spirit of the most magical of seasons. 
 
 So last year, I got on Spotify and started downloading some Christmas tunes and compiled a pretty good and eclectic holiday playlist (or at least I think so, ha!).  So if you'd like some suggestions to add to a playlist of your own, for a Christmas party or just to listen to around the house, here are some of my Christmas favorites!!
 
White Christmas- Otis Redding
Silent Night- Michael Buble
Angels We Have Heard on High- Indigo Girls
What Child is This?- Josh Groban (John Denver's version is also beautiful!)
Adeste Fidelis- Andrea Bocelli
Coventry Carol- John Denver
Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
Christmas Don't Be Late- Alvin and the Chipmunks
Ave Maria- Josh Groban
I'll Be Home foor Christmas- She & Him (also Frank Sinatra's version)
Baby It's Cold Outside- Glee Cast
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings- Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLaughlin
Holly Jolly Christmas- Burl Ives (Classic!)
This Little Babe- Spivey Hall Children's Choir (my fave from back in my Young Singers of Callanwolde days!!)
Do You Hear What I Hear- Martina McBride
O Holy Night- Il Divo
What Christmas Means to Me- Stevie Wonder
Blue Christmas- Elvis Presley
All I Want for Christmas is You- Mariah Carey
Winter Wonderland- James Taylor
Auld Lang Syne- The Cast
 
What did I leave out?  What is your favorite Christmas song?
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...