Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Joyful Christmas

 
I love decorating for Christmas.  This year has been tricky, of course, having a new baby, but I wanted to at least have a pretty mantel and tree.  I feel like if I at least have my mantel decorated that we're festive enough!  Luckily, last year I was a crafting machine at Christmas and had a lot of cute things to put up this year.  But I did happen to make some new things this year to add to the decor.
 
Pinterest was, of course, a big inspiration, and just about everything I saw and wanted to recreate involved the word "Joy."  So, it became my unoffical theme this year.  And perfect to frame the word over the mantel.
 

 
I had been wanting new stockings, and needed a new one for Bennett anyway, so I made them this year!  It was actually much easier than I had expected, and I loved the way they turned out.  I may add initial ornaments to hang off them and personalize them, maybe not.  Maybe next year.  Or maybe I'll have them monogrammed.  Either way, I am very happy with them!
 
 
For the playroom door, I made an easy fabric wrapped wreath with a red felt bow last year.


 
And this year, I made this JOY woodslice art this year.  Found the idea on pinterest (where else?!), and my dad was nice nough to cut some cute little woodslices for me.  I mod podged some Christmas sheet music onto a canvas, hot-glued the woodslices and red ribbon on, and done!  It was very easy, and it's one of my new favorite things!



More Christmas music decor, with my favorite chalkboard and my favorite Christmas song.


My window in the kitchen (Joy banner made last year)...


...and my commad center!  The bunting over the top says "Merry Christmas," and there's a little Christmas printable on the wine cork board.  I made the Christmas Card Wreath last year, and Grayson LOVES to point out all our friends and family on the Christmas Cards we receive.

 
Though this is a bad picture, I love our tree!  And I LOVE our tree skirt (which also photographs very poorly!).  I made it last year, thank goodness, because though it was easy, it took me 6 HOURS to make, and I just don't think I could do that this year!
 
So though the pictures were pretty crappy, and I feel like everything looks better in person, that's what we've got going on in the house for Christmas this year. :)  Honestly, I'm just glad our tree is still standing and our stockings haven't been pulled down!!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...