Friday, November 16, 2012

Five on Friday: Recipes for Thanksgiving

This year, we decided that we are not traveling anywhere for Thanksgiving.  So, I will be making my very first complete Thanksgiving dinner for our little family!  But, I do not want to bog myself down with tons of cooking and defeat the purpose of staying home and resting, so I have been keeping an eye out for easy and yummy ideas for our our Thanksgiving dinner.  So for my Five on Friday post, here are 5 recipes that have caught my eye:
 
1. Turkey Breast in the Crock Pot!
 
From Wikihow
 
I may try just a turkey breast instead of the whole bird since it will just be the 5 of us (though really just the 4 of us, and even then, Brantley and Grayson both are not huge meat eaters).  There is something so special, though, about roasting your first turkey (to me, at least :)), so we'll see about this one.
 
2. Fall Holiday Fruit Salad
 
 
Isn't this beautiful?  I am a sucker for ambrosia, and I think this is a nice fall alternative.  With apples, citrus fruits and cinnamon, this would be perfect, easy and healthy for our Thanksgiving.  Plus, the girls love fruit.
 
3. Butter and Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes
 
From For the Love of Cooking

I think sweet potatoes scream Thanksgiving, but I am not a huge fan of the typical marshmallow topped casseroles.  But I love me some roasted veggies, and I think this sounds delicious.
 
4. Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts
 
From Simple Bites
If you know Scott and I, you know we love appetizers, and you knoooow we love cheese.  This would be perfect after our big midday meal, with a glass of wine, maybe after the kids are asleep?  Yeah, I would not want to share. :)
 
5. Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
 
From Key Ingredient
What would Thanksgiving be without some sweet treats?!  I will probably still make a pecan pie (my husband's favorite, and there's nothing wrong with sticking with tradition), but I will make these for the girls (and who are we kidding, me too :)).  I love rice krispie treats, and with caramel, chocolate and peanut butter added, how can you go wrong?!
 
Are you making a Thanksgiving Dinner??  What's traditional in your family?
 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...