Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats

I love bringing in snacks for Brantley's preschool class.  But so far this year, we have had to bring snacks twice; the first time was on the second day of school, and the second time was Bennett's due date (he ended up being a week old at that point!)!  So I have not been able to really put some effort into those snacks because I was 1) rushed or 2)preoccupied with a newborn!
 
So it was our turn again last week, and this time I wanted to do something cute, but still keep it very easy and quick.  I saw these Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats on pinterest a while back:
 
 Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats from Baked Perfection
Perfect!  I love Rice Krispie Treats (so do my girls), and all you have to do is add some candy corn to the rice krispies, marshmallows and butter, and boom.  Cute fall snacks.  I think I'll wrap them in parchment paper and tie them with cute orange bakers twine.  You know, because preschoolers really appreciate festive packaging. :)
 
And who knows, I *might* have to steal one or seven for myself.  Preschoolers need small portions anyway, right? :)
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...