Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness, Day 7

Day 7:
 
Being a Stay at Home Mom
 
 
I have been on both sides of this coin.  From the day I went back to work after Brantley was born, I never fully enjoyed my job again.  I yearned to be home with her, to be staying home raising my baby.  I waited 2 years, was a working mama for two long years, and though I loved who I worked with and where I worked, I was miserable for two long years before I was able to stay home once Grayson was born.  I am SO thankful to be a stay at home mama now, to my three children.  I am able to witness every step, every new word, and actively participate in just about everything they experience.  I am able to be home and snuggle with them when they are sick, without feeling guilty for calling out from work.  I am the one that they run to and call for when they bump their heads, I am the one that puts them down for their midday naps.  I am the one who teaches them through fun activities, and I am the one who spends the most amount of time with them.  Their mother.  I am so thankful that I am able to be home with my babies, the one and only thing that I have wanted to do since I was a little girl.  It's not for everybody, but I have always wanted to be a mom just like my mom was to me.  And I am so thankful that I am able to. 
 
My worst and most challenging days at home are far better than my best days as a working mom ever were.  I may not get to shower every day, and my outfits may not be as cute as they once were.  But my children don't care.  They won't remember that mom had split ends because she hadn't had time to get a haircut in 6 months.  But they will remember that I was home with them and they will remember the wonderful quality time with their mama, like I remember with my mom. 
And I am ever so thankful for that.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...