Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 28

Day 28:
 
Good Girlfriends
 
I have not been a good friend lately.  Recently.  I'd like to say that it's because I've been so busy, or because I just had a baby, but really it's that I have not made my friends a priority.  It is definitely harder to maintain your female friend relationships after you have kids, because your kids get all your attention, and then after them, whatever is left over usually goes to your husband.  Friends, especailly my friends, get the raw end of the deal.
 
But everytime I call a friend that I haven't talked to in a while, or I get a card in the mail from a friend that has recently moved, or I meet up with a friend for a playdate with our kids, I am reminded of how thankful I am to have wonderful friends in my life.  Everyone is busy.  And everyone has long to-do lists.  But everybody should also make sure that their friends make it onto their to-do lists right along with anything else.  And I am trying to be better at this.  So not only am I thankful for good girlfriends, I am thankful for patient and understanding girlfriends that stay by me and support me through all the seasons of my life, though we may not be going through them at the same time.  I love you, girls!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...