Friday, October 12, 2012

Five on Friday: Halloween DIY

I looked at my calendar yesterday and realized that we are in October! WOW! I have been slightly preoccupied with one little boy and two little girls around here, I guess, and completely forgot that Halloween is coming up! The kids are all still a bit young to really get into all the Halloween hype, but I still like to decorate and get into the fun a little bit. Not the scary, bloody, ghoul-y fun, but more like the happy ghosts and candy corn fun. So for my Five on Friday this week, here are five pins off my Happy Halloween! Pinterest board that I want to find some time to DIY in the upcoming weeks!

1. Candy Corn Fruit Cup

From Butterfly Jungle

The girls are HUGE fruit eaters, and so I thought these cute candy corn fruit cups with pineapple, mandarin oranges and whipped cream would be big hits with them!

2. Mod-Podge Initial Pumpkin


Love this idea to cut your initial or monogram out of fabric or scrapbook paper and mod-podge it onto your pumpkin instead of the mess of carving it! Super cute, and it totally feeds my initial/monogram obsession.

3. Halloween Scavenger Hunt

From Prepared Not Scared

How fun does this Halloween Scavenger Hunt sound?! Brantley is really into scavenger hunts around the house, outside, etc., so I think with a quick trip to the Dollar Store for some cheap Halloween trinkets, we could throw this together!

4. Ghost Peeps Brownie S'mores

From Home is Where the Boat Is

I LOVE s'mores, and think these s'mores brownies look so yummy and SOOO cute! And how cute would they be if you cut them out into individual brownies and then broiled the peeps?! Cute!!!

5. Pumpkin Lanterns

From Martha Stewart

These pumpkin lanterns are soooo cute for a little festive decor, and super easy!

Are you decorating for Halloween? Do you go all out scary or keep it mild??

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Amanda! I’m pretty sure that this list will be helpful in making everybody’s Halloween season merry and cheerful. The kids would definitely love those Ghost Peeps Brownie S'mores and Candy Corn Fruit Cup. And a little game of Scavenger hunt would surely fire up their spirits. But don’t forget the cookies and candies for the trick or treat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...