Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bennett's Nursery Reveal!!!

Finally, I present to you my sweet boy's nursery! It has been finished for weeks, but I wanted to wait to post pictures until he was home and settled in.

So without further delay...



The entrance! The "No.3" is pretty self explanitory, and the girls have "No.1" and "No.2" on their door. :)


The painted striped curtains in action (Check out the original post on how I made them here!)!! We struggled with whether or not to get a nice upholstered glider for Ben's nursery. We have gone back and forth several times, but have decided (for now) to go without it. We (or I should say, our babies) are not big rockers anyway, so we decided to stick with our trusty white old-school rocking chair. It is still special; Scott got it for his first Father's Day from my parents, and it's been in each of our baby's nurseries. The Radio Flyer wagon was mine when I was a little girl. :)


It took me forever to decide, but I ended up loving the color combination of navy, royal, aqua, white and red for the room. And I couldn't have been happier with how the crib bedding and the focal wall behind the crib turned out! I bought all of the fabric from etsy (see the tutorials on how I made the sheets here and the crib skirt here), and made very simple bedding for my sweet boy. My mom and I painted the stripe on the wall, and I ordered this huge B online (only $32, and 24" tall!) and painted it navy. I made the bunting over the crib with the leftover bedding fabric. The chevron rug is from Urban Outfitters.








I wanted to add some more color to the crib, so I made these throw pillows for decoration. And when he finally does move in here to sleep, of course, I'll keep the pillows out of the crib at night. :) Tutorial for the pillows found here.



And now for the changing table and gallery wall!



I LOVE how this turned out. I wanted it to be colorful and use lots of patterns but have everything coordinate. And I wanted some form and function, not only decoration. I made the changing pad cover, find the tutorial here.


I ordered the name signs from Shabby Signs on etsy and the Muppet ABC Print from www.Society6.com. I love the polka dot mat for the ABC print, and you can find that tutorial here. I made the Daddy canvas, and the hook board was one I picked up from Anthropologie YEARS ago, and just now have found the perfect place to hang it!


I got the chevron monogram template from www.forchicsake.com, plugged in Bennett's initials are printed it right out! All for free! And I made the shadowbox out of an old drawer I found at the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store, and made the burp cloths sitting in it.


The shadowbox frames a very special part of Bennett's nursery. The little pair of boxing gloves in the smaller red shadowbox frame were a part of a gift given to Scott's dad, Terry, when he was born. So when Scott was born, as the first Luton son, his grandmother gave them to Scott's mom for Scott to have and pass down. When Scott and I got married, his mom gave the little boxing gloves to me, and now, with Bennett being our first son, he will have them to pass down. Terry's name and birthday and Scott's name and birthday are on written on the gloves, and Bennett's name and birthday are on there now too. :)


I loved this idea that I saw on pinterest of hanging metal baskets over the changing table for storage. I keep our diapers and wipes in them, and so far it has proven to be very convenient and cute! And I painted the striped frame from an old one that I wasn't using in the house.


This striped tote is from Pottery Barn Kids and has been corralling in miscellaneous things that stay on the changing table like diaper cream, vaseline, extra diapers, etc. I wrapped a glass candle holder with jute and ribbon to hold pacifiers, and the sweet little blue tennies were a gift!



Again, with the intent of adding some color, I decided to paint the front of the tall dresser drawers a pretty blue ombre! The 2 dressers are actually mine from MIDDLE SCHOOL, and we have used them in each of the kids nurseries. I thought a facelift for this one was overdue, and I love the change! We also got new hardware for the drawer pulls and knobs, Martha Stewart at Home Depot, on sale for $2 a piece!! They were a steal!




Above the dresser I made the memory board by painting an old frame, taking out the glass, and covering the back with some muslin. Since the backing is cardboard, thumbtacks and pushpins easily stick right in. I love it! I also made the little garland with more fabric scraps. I covered the lampshade, again, with leftover fabric, and painted the base. The little mini wagon was decor from the brunch my mom threw for me, and another one of the cute metal baskets holds some little socks that look like sneakers! Also a little John Deere tractor for PaDaddy. :)




My friends and family must know me well, and know about my love for personalization! Bennett received this sweet nightlight and adorable seersucker bag as gifts (Thanks Amy and Thanks Linds!).


Another picture of the rocking chair and bunting quilt that I made for Ben (see here).


And another picture of the wagon containing all of Ben's new stuffed friends, and the Chevron and Fleece B blanket that I made for him. :)

I hope you enjoyed taking a look at Bennett's nursery! I truly loved making all the pieces in his room, and I think that because so much is handmade, it is that much more special to me, and hopefully for him. There are still things I want to do and adjust, but I am really happy with how it looks. Bennett hasn't spent too much time in there yet, but hopefully when he does he'll love it as much as Mommy! :)

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. It looks adorable. Great job! And I may have to order from Shabby Signs for Raleigh's big girl room. I love that sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if this is a really obvious question, but where did you find the "no. 3" decal for the door? I absolutely love that idea!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thank you! I got the decal as a set of 6 from veryjane.com probably 2 years ago! I actually bought them without knowing what I was going to do with them, and then as I was creating the nursery, I remembered it, slapped it on the door, and totally loved it. :) I wonder if Hobby Lobby or Michael's would have something like it?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your help! If you see any other similar, let me know ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the large letter B...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandie! I got it from craftcuts.com. It came unfinished, and I just painted it navy and attached hardware for hanging to the back. Very good quality and great prices!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...