Friday, September 28, 2012

Five on Friday: This Week


What a week! For this (brief) Five on Friday, I thought I would just share a few of the "goings-on" in the Luton household this week.

1. Baby Bennett could possibly be the easiest baby ever. And I probably just jinxed myself. But, seriously, he sleeps, wakes up to eat, have his diaper changed, and goes back to sleep until his next time to eat. Honestly, the hardest part about having a new baby has been to keep the girls managed! Bennett has been a piece of cake!

2. My in laws were here watching the girls while we were at the hospital, and then my mom has been here all week helping us with the kids and the transition. What a blessing our parents are! We have tons of food in our fridge and freezer, we have a clean house, all our laundry is done, our kids have had lots of attention and fun things to do all week, and Scott and I haven't been under so much parental pressure. It has really been so wonderful. I am a bit nervous for next Monday, when I have the kids all day all by myself!

3. Thanks to mom watching the 2 littlest today, I picked up Brantley after school and she and I had a mommy-daughter date to Five Spot Frozen Yogurt and shopping! She thoroughly enjoyed the yogurt (she chose strawberry topped with nerds, chocolate sprinkles and gummy bears, mmmmmm :)) and the shopping, and I did too! It was so nice to get out of the house for a bit. BUT, clothes shopping for a one-week-post-partum body is not quite as fun as normal. Plus, seeing your third-baby-body under flourescent fitting room lights is not exactly good for the ole self esteem. Note to all pregnant mamas, wait at least 2 weeks to try and find some new clothes. You'll thank me.

4. The girls are completely in love with their little brother. Brantley loves to gaze at him and stroke his head. Grayson likes to try and give him his paci, and pat hin right in the face. :) He's a good sport. They are going to be one tight trio before long. :)

5. And last but not least, it is really amazing to have a newborn in the house again. Crazy? Completely. Long Nights? Yes, but not too bad. Do I stay in my pjs all day? Sadly, yes. But there is nothing sweeter than a new baby. Except maybe watching your other babies love on the new baby. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! We will be hunkering down and trying to get some rest while continuing to bond as our new family of five. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...