Friday, September 14, 2012

Five on Friday: New Gear for our Last Baby and Sweet Treat of the Week

After having two babies in the past three years, you could say that we have just about every baby gizmo, gadget, tool, and essential item that we could possibly need for our third. In three years. Did I mention we will have had 3 babies in 3 1/2 years? I have literally been pregnant or nursing straight since 2008. But, I digress...

Since Baby Bennett will be our first little boy, and because baby gear has changed a lot even in just a few years, there were a few things that I had seen and heard about that I thought may make life a bit easier with our new, sweet baby.

1. Fisher Prince Rock and Play Sleeper


Some friends of ours who have 3 month old twins have a set of these for their babies, and say that they are "lifesavers." The Rock and Play Sleeper is a cross between a bouncy chair and a swing, collapses for easy storage and travel, and will provide me another convenient place to set baby down when I need to grab a snack for one of the girls or run to the bathroom! Both Brantley and Grayson LOVED their swing and I had bouncy seats and papasan chairs just about everywhere so I didn't have to keep moving one chair from room to room when I was moving throughout the house. The rock and play sleeper will pretty much be a portable swing/chair and a comfy place for Bennett to hang out. And, of course, it looks so precious and cozy. :)

2. Boon Grass Bottle Drying Rack


I breastfed both my girls (Brantley for 13 months, and Grayson for 11 months), but we used bottles plenty as well. Brantley had bottles every day at daycare, and Grayson had bottles on occasion, when I would pump instead of nursing. We have a bottle drying rack, but it is made up of just about 400 pieces, half of which I have lost, and it falls apart, or bottle parts fall off of it, and worst of all, it just looks like a mess on the counter. So enter the Boon Grass Bottle Drying Rack. Reviews say that bottle parts stick right into it and stay put, plus, how cute will this be on my kitchen counter?! Like a little bottle garden right beside the coffee maker.

3. GoPod


I first saw the GoPod at the beach with Scott's family this year, when my brother in law and sister in law brought it with them for my almost 5 month (at the time) niece. The perfect travel baby accessory, the GoPod is a portable activity seat that folds up just like a tailgating chair. It provides baby a place to sit/stand and play, just like with a stationary activity center or jumparoo, but is compact, easily mobile and perfect for taking to the park, the beach, a tailgate or picnic, or to keep baby occupied in the backyard while you tend to your two older children! You can attach your own toys to it for baby to play with, and I am hoping that we use this as much as I think we will!

4. Nosefrida


I saw one of these probably a year and a half ago, and automatically thought, "not a chance." But, after reading tons of reviews and hearing only good things about the "snot sucker" I thought that we'd give it a try. Made in Sweden and popular in Europe, the Nosefrida works in the place of a nasal aspirator (the blue suction bulb-thing that you get from the hospital) to clear out baby's sinus passageways when they have a cold. You insert a small tube right against baby's nosril and use your own suction to draw mucus out of baby's nose. Or, in layman's terms, you suck the snot out of your kid's nose. Sounds disgusting, but there is a filter tht prevents you from actually getting baby's snot in your mouth. Sounds gross, I know, but Grayson and especially Brantley have both been sick with bad congestion that just could not be cleared, no matter how many times I tried to clear their noses with the bulb syringes. I'm hoping that maybe the Nosefrida will do the trick! Even if I have to suck it out myself!!

5. Moby Wrap


We have a Baby Bjorn that I actually found for a STEAL at a consignment sale before Brantley was born, and we have loved it. I have worn it with both girls, and Scott has used it with both girls as well, and it has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. But, I have a bad habit of arching my back when I'm standing, and the bjorn makes it worse, so it winds up really making my back hurt if I wear it a long time. I had heard a lot of good things about the Moby Wrap, that it was very comfortable, yet gave good back support. It's not much more than knit fabric that you tie in a particular way to keep baby nice and cozy up to you, but since I have a good feeling that I will be strapping Baby Bennett to me A LOT so I can stay active with the girls, I want something that will be really comfortable.

What were your necessities for your baby? Anything new that you have used that I absolutely must have??

And for the Sweet Treat of the Week...


While I love a good, yummy slice of cake, I really love a good pie. Apple, peach, coconut, you name it, I love it. So when I saw this twist on the ole traditional pie, a pie pop, I thought that I would try this for sure. I have the ingredients ready to go for this weekend, and just hoping I don't eat all of them. :)

Get the recipe here!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...