Monday, September 24, 2012

A Hair Confession...

I have something to admit. I found my first gray hair at 23. At the time, I wasn't really disturbed by it, a little surprised perhaps, but not hysterical or upset really at all about getting a gray hair.

BUT.

In the past 7 years, that one little gray hair found a friend, then another, then had some babies, then started a colony, and now, my gray hair is out.of.control.

It is all right up front (wouldn't it be nice if it were all hidden underneath?), and I have so much now that it's wiry and wily, and much more noticeable than before. I feel like that stereotypical stay at home mom with long, unruly hair that gets pulled back into a ponytail or braid without a real "style," and I don't want to be that mom! I don't have to have a cutting edge haircut, but I don't want to look like I have given up! AT 30!

So, I bit the bullet...


I haven't colored my hair since college. That's almost 10 years ago (WOW...didn't realize it had been that long). I worked at salons in high school and college, and had colored and highlighted my hair all the time back then. But once I had to pay for it myself, instead of getting it for free at the salons I worked in or friends in beauty school, I figured that it was time to go back to my natural color! I had always loved it anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. It has been easier and I have saved a LOT of money over the years, and I have always liked how it has looked. But now that the gray has taken over, it's time for some sort of change.

My hair grows so quickly that I really don't want to have it colored professionally. I don't want to spend the money, and I really don't want the upkeep! I can hardly get into the salon for haircuts (only two or three times a year!), much less get in every 6 weeks for touchups. And I also don't want to change my overall color too much, so I bought this Nice and Easy Non-Permanent Color Rinse in an attempt to cover up my gray (just saying that makes me feel so old). It says it lasts through 28 shampoos, covers gray and looks natural...

So we shall see...I'll post before and after pics and give you my overall impression. Here's to hoping I don't have to go into the salon after all to get my hair fixed...

Do you have gray hair yet? Do you color it? Any suggestions for me and my low-maintenence hair???

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...