Friday, August 17, 2012

Five on Friday- Mommy's Back to School List

Even though Brantley is only going into 3-year-old preschool (and only 3 mornings a week), I feel like I am having to prepare for the school year more than ever before. She starts on Tuesday, and we've picked up a new backpack, new tennis shoes, and maybe a new outfit or two for the sweet girl. :) But why do the kids have to have all the fun, anyway? Getting all the cute backpacks, school supplies and new clothes while Mommy has to wear her old worn out yoga pants and hoodie for the carpool line? It's a fresh start for us too, right? So here are my top 5 Back to School Supplies for all the Mommy's out there.

1. Cute Mommy Cards

Mommy Calling Cards from Tiny Prints

I am very old fashioned when it comes to beautiful stationary and handwritten notes, and I love these adorable Mommy Calling Cards! How much fun would it be to pull these out instead of your smartphone to set a playdate with a new friend? I have been meaning to get some for quite some time, but wanted to wait until I could have all my children's names on them. So I'll be placing my order as soon as Mr. Bennett makes his arrival. :)

2. All-in-One Makeup Case

From Sephora

For a while, after Grayson was born, I just left all my makeup in the car all the time. I didn't even bother to try to put it on until I got both girls buckled in, then I'd put on my makeup in the car before we even left the garage! Luckily, my makeup bag made it's way back to my bathroom, but I always keep a small stash of makeup minis in the console to use in a pinch. Having a cute little all in one kit would be nice on those mornings that I need an extra little swipe of blush before I take Brantley in, especially if we're running a bit behind. Which I never expect to happen with three kids... :)

3. Personalized Notepad

Notepad from Silhouette Blue on Etsy

How much cuter will notes to your child's teacher be if they are from an adorable notepad? And extra credit if they match your calling cards... :)

4. Home Planner

From Erin Condren

I live and die by my planner, and not just one on my phone. I insist on carrying an old school purse calendar/planner, because I think I truly remember things better and retain more information when I manually write things down. Plus, this one from Erin Condren is sooooo cute. :) I had an Erin Condren "Life Planner" a couple of years ago, and though they weigh as much as my 15 month old, they don't leave anything out. Which I love. I am also in the process of making a family binder at home, which will house all of our personal information, school info and family contact info, as well as meal planners, cleaning schedule, etc. Hopefully it will be a good organization tool, and will keep our kitchen desk a smidge less cluttered!

5. Cute Travel Mug

From Southern Belle Boutique on Etsy

One thing I have missed terribly during this (and every) pregnancy is my daily dose of caffeine through my morning coffee (though moderate amounts of caffeine are okay during pregnancy, coffee makes me get totally jittery and uncomfortable, so I have to go decaf). You can bet a pretty penny that caffeine will be surging through my veins once again after Bennett is born. And what better way to welcome coffee back home to mama than in a cute new personalized travel mug! And I will definitely be carrying it with me in the car as I'm dropping Miss B off each day at preschool.

What are your mommy back to school necessities?

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. i LOVE my EC life planner. i would be lost without it. i may have even gotten a little too emotional (Read: irrational) when libbi took it upon herself to add in a few entries of her own. yikes!
    i'm sure you've heard that they've revamped it a little bit this year....less bulky & laminated tabs. that solidified it's place on my cmas list once again :)
    and i have some "mommy calling cards" from minted.com that i love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard that they revamped it! Hooray!! That was the only thing I didn't like about it, that it really was just to thick, even for me. But now, it's going to be a definite!! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This is my earliest opportunity i afflict here. I base so many absorbing baggage in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the one in unison having all the exercise here! board up the tolerable work.One thing I have missed terribly during this (and every) pregnancy is my daily dose of caffeine through my morning coffee (though moderate amounts of caffeine are okay during pregnancy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interseting.The tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the one in unison having all the exercise here! board up the tolerable work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...